Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 12:41 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,847,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
From a pharmacy, perhaps? You'd need to have it prescribed.
No,it can be purchased online,but I don't know of the site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 01:11 AM

4,338 posts, read 7,510,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Anyone know where I can purchase Hydroquinone 10%?
Is there 100%?

Old 03-19-2012, 01:11 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Why not accept yourself as you are?

Old 03-19-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
SMH at this entire thread.
Word.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Why not try to improve your image?

People are fat for a reason.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Well,its a known fact the lighter you are the easier it is to be accepted by society in general. People say "it not about the color of the skin,its content of character" but it ain't true,and there really isn't a reason to pretend colorism doesn't exist.
Wasn't there a study done before that basically said men who were dark skinned had received longer prison sentences than lighter ones for the same offenses?
There was another one done where it said the darker people have higher unemployment rates than light skinned blacks.
Now,most of these studies were done on black americans but dark skinned Australians,Jamaicans,Arabs,and Indians have similiar stories.

I mean,you could accept yourself as you are,but let's not pretend these things don't affect other areas of life like dating and employment.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:42 PM

Besides,as most people pointed out,dark skinned people often have uneven skin tones,so it isn't really for bleaching the skin but to even out the skin tone.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Why not try to improve your image?

People are fat for a reason.
I see no logic in your post.

It is an unassailable fact that being overweight can and often does bring negative consequences to one's health. For better or worse, being overweight can also bring negative social consequences.

But skin color is something one is born with, something that indicates ancestral and/or cultural connections to certain equatorial areas of the world. Since when did lightening dark skin constitute an improvement in image?

Old 03-19-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Well,its a known fact the lighter you are the easier it is to be accepted by society in general. People say "it not about the color of the skin,its content of character" but it ain't true,and there really isn't a reason to pretend colorism doesn't exist.
Wasn't there a study done before that basically said men who were dark skinned had received longer prison sentences than lighter ones for the same offenses?
There was another one done where it said the darker people have higher unemployment rates than light skinned blacks.
Now,most of these studies were done on black americans but dark skinned Australians,Jamaicans,Arabs,and Indians have similiar stories.

I mean,you could accept yourself as you are,but let's not pretend these things don't affect other areas of life like dating and employment.
From my experience as a 300-pound black male, I don't think my skin color has done any more damage to me in terms of dating or employment than the fact that I'm just big and ugly. I am what and who I am, but I've survived just fine. The positive impact of my education, personality and talents far outweigh (ha ha) any negative impact my skin color may have - in fact, I don't believe my color has had any positive or negative effect on my life whatsoever.

Even if color for some reason did have an adverse effect, do you prefer damaging your skin - because that is what chemical skin lightening does - to accepting yourself the way you are?

Old 03-19-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I see no logic in your post.

It is an unassailable fact that being overweight can and often does bring negative consequences to one's health. For better or worse, being overweight can also bring negative social consequences.

But skin color is something one is born with, something that indicates ancestral and/or cultural connections to certain equatorial areas of the world. Since when did lightening dark skin constitute an improvement in image?
The same concept applies to the looks of Skin color.
Jerseygal4u has a point. There are jobs where you will be denied based on your weight.

Like I said earlier in my post that I was much lighter in my early teenage years until I played outside in the sun a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty