Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you wear when you go to bed at night?
Naked 25 32.05%
Fully Clothed 13 16.67%
Partially Clothed 39 50.00%
Other 1 1.28%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 10:43 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,328,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantyall2know View Post
What do you wear when you go to bed at night?
Condom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 09:54 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,360,627 times
One pattern that has always struck me as strange is the reluctance of young women to sleep "topless"; in my younger, wilder and more cost-conscious days, I lived in a fair number of high-occupancy mixed-sex arrangements, and whille you didn't have to sleep with all the women to learn what they wore, i can recall only one who admitted to a preference for sleeping in "bottoms" -- and "bottoms" only. Any explanations, ladies?

Old 12-10-2012, 06:46 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,381,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
One pattern that has always struck me as strange is the reluctance of young women to sleep "topless"; in my younger, wilder and more cost-conscious days, I lived in a fair number of high-occupancy mixed-sex arrangements, and whille you didn't have to sleep with all the women to learn what they wore, i can recall only one who admitted to a preference for sleeping in "bottoms" -- and "bottoms" only. Any explanations, ladies?
May sound silly, but this is sincere answer: Containment (for wandering boobs).
To prevent or at least minimize pinching & squashing that can happen when one turns/moves while laying down/asleep. Breasts don't always stay where one puts them, esp. without the support of a bra, when the body is horizontal, they may fall to one side or the other (towards armpit).

Also, I'd prefer a shirt to absorb the sweat I generate while sleeping instead of having that transferred directly to my bedsheets each night, so a top serves as an intermediate (easy to change for another shirt the next day) layer/buffer in that capacity.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:17 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,419,894 times
When my wife and I met, we were each happy to find that the other sleeps nude. We do it because it's more comfortable, but we also enjoy sharing it, reaching out and you know you'll touch your sweetie's skin.

But romance killer--if it's cold, we wear socks.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:48 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,603,451 times
I sleep most comfortably in t-shirt and a pair of shorts (like basketball or casual type shorts). Any more than that is too hot and any less leaves me with an underclothed feeling. Never understood the naked thing. I dated a girl who slept totally naked and was always kind funny with me laying there in my ratty Bahama shorts and white t-shirt while her nothing at all.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:52 PM

105 posts, read 200,032 times
It depends on the season, temperature in the room, and the bedding. For instance, if it's winter and the bedding is thin, I'll be sleeping in PJ pants and a short-sleeved T. If I've got plenty of bedding and flannel sheets, I'll go with a tank and shorts.

In the summer, as little as possible- but never nude. I'm far more likely to go topless than bottomless- not sure why that is, to be honest.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:15 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,693,775 times
I wear trunk style briefs, that's it.

I don't see how people wear PJ pants to bed, I can't stand how they bunch up around my legs under the covers.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:48 PM

283 posts, read 508,741 times
I sleep the way Nature intended us to.

But one thing I never understood: what's up with women who wear bras to bed???

Can't figure that one.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:43 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,693,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickety_Split View Post
I sleep the way Nature intended us to.

But one thing I never understood: what's up with women who wear bras to bed???

Can't figure that one.
Probably for the same reason many men prefer to wear underwear to bed. If you're the type to toss and turn, it's probably best not to have the boys (and girls) running free.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:11 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,165,002 times
Depends on how cold it is. Right now it's getting a bit chilly in SF for me. So, I sleep with t shirt and sweats or light pants. Otherwise I don't wear anything, it gets too uncomfortable and itchy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty