Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 10:38 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times

Advertisements

Chinese glamour!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 10:39 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Cuban glamour!!
Third from the right has beauty...one on the far right...is an Amazon....and looks like she should run a multi-national corporation.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:40 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
What a silly thought. There is nothing wrong with the estrogen levels of most thin women.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:41 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Miss America glamour 1933!!!

Old 09-19-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
How can you tell from a set of photos which women are more "pleasant to be around"?
Usually what you see is what you get- It's breeding- Get two miserable people together and have a child..chances are the kid will become a version of the two adults...I have never met an unpleasant beautiful woman....That's most of the time that is true...when you have natural beauty and brains what is there to be nasty about?

Old 09-19-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Miss America glamour 1933!!!
The real hot chicks during this era are not in the photo- They are all married off to rich guys- These are the left overs. I see this on the street these days- Young middle class mothers pushing strollers...most of them are hot..because the good stuff gets snatch up first by those who can afford them.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:48 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Usually what you see is what you get- It's breeding- Get two miserable people together and have a child..chances are the kid will become a version of the two adults...I have never met an unpleasant beautiful woman....That's most of the time that is true...when you have natural beauty and brains what is there to be nasty about?
I have to tend to agree with this... except I have to say that I have seen some beautiful women who have, as soon as they opened their mouths....become ugly.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
What a silly thought. There is nothing wrong with the estrogen levels of most thin women.
We were getting along so well xxbabeechick....why did you have to get abrasive? I really did not mean to push your button....Lets get an expert in on the conversation...To produce the right level of estrogen...you need some body fat- no fat what so ever- low estrogen level...totally skinny- the body thinks there is a famine on and woman stop having periods or ovulating.....because nature has it..that you can not bring a child into a famine situation. But again - you have never been big on nature- or natural....so lets fight...lol...lets not....

Don't let old men like me get a reaction out of you...don't go for the bait....Do I have to teach you everything.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:53 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
Even relatively thin women have some body fat. You have to reach starvation mode to stop having a period/ovulating...and even then, in doesn't mean your body is completely devoid of estrogen, it's that with a very low calorie intake the body wants to conserve energy for necessary bodily functions.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:00 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Well, lets get for real here, I only wear sweats if I am out walking =). I really don't think it is luck. A persons attitude and how it affects the peoples attitudes around them has nothing to do with being politically correct.

Clothing and make-up aside, have you ever tried to go out with a positive attitude and a smile and tried to see the difference in things?

I wish you would.

Also, who cares what men think and want? The bar isn't exactly the best place in the world to meet a man anyway.=p
Agreed, I get hit on when I leave the house in pjs with my hair in a ponytail probably because I was in a good mood at the time. People pick up on vibes...even other women will start conversations with you if you seem positive.

I would also like to say that I think a lot of women from that time (roughly 100 years ago or so) were too poor to compete. Most of the young women were already working 15 hour days in factories to help mom and dad keep a roof over their head and food on the table.

There is a great documentary on netflix about the triangle-shirtwaist fire. The entire factory was women, mostly poor Italian and Jewish immigrants from children as young as 6 but mainly teenagers and young women of marrying age. The photographs of these women that they showed in the documentary were simply stunning. A good amount of them looked like models/pin ups and it has been speculated that male factory owners usually only tried to hire good looking women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty