Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 08:35 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,102,741 times

Advertisements

My issue is with knee-high boots that zip up; either dressy or casual. There is no more forlorn a sight than zip boots that are flopped over on the floor of the closet...a sight I can't stand. Plus, having a zipper on them seems...cheating, somehow. (I told you this was irrational!)
I much prefer pull-on boots. The leather isn't interrupted by an unsightly zipper, and to me, pull-ons are true boots, instead of faux footwear.
Does anyone else have this dislike? If I'm alone in this, I'll forthwith check myself into a "special" hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 09:57 PM

472 posts, read 1,098,174 times
I HATE boots with heels. Booties are ok with a heel but knee highs with heels drive me crazy.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:58 AM

41,967 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Boots are for snow.

How's that for irrational? Or is it just practical?

Old 09-23-2012, 08:56 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,674,144 times
I laughed out loud at the discription of the zippered boot in the closet!

Thanks!

I don't like them with zippers either...I personally think it looks kind of tacky.

To each their own though...it would make them much less of a hassle to put on.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:03 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
Well. I have zippered boots on right now and they fall just below the calf. I tried to get a pair that were not zippered but it was a no-go for me. The strength in my hands and wrists has diminished so I can't do it!

I rather like these boots though, and I have never been a boot person. Not until I got my first pair of Harley boots, that is.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:33 AM

13 posts, read 50,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
My issue is with knee-high boots that zip up; either dressy or casual. There is no more forlorn a sight than zip boots that are flopped over on the floor of the closet...a sight I can't stand. Plus, having a zipper on them seems...cheating, somehow. (I told you this was irrational!)
I much prefer pull-on boots. The leather isn't interrupted by an unsightly zipper, and to me, pull-ons are true boots, instead of faux footwear.
Does anyone else have this dislike? If I'm alone in this, I'll forthwith check myself into a "special" hospital.
I put tall inserts in my knee high boots, to prevent the flop over effect. If I no longer have the original inserts, I create my own, out of the cardboard used for "dachshund" 12 packs of soda. (Those dachshund packs are just the right length for knee high boot inserts.)

Agree that zippers mar the line of boots. I liked what boot makers were doing a few years ago : Moving the zipper from the inside middle of the boot to up the back of the leg. Pity it didn't catch on.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:59 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
I love both kinds. The type that have zippers and the type that don't. I have both types. I even have tall (knee high) lace-up boots. To avoid the "slouched over in the closet" thing I just keep them in their boxes. And I don't know why but I just really LOVE boots.

But the ridiculous thing about my loving (and having about 20+ pair and counting) is that I live in a climate where boots are completely unnecessary (AZ). Yet I continue to buy them. So if you decide to check yourself into that "special" hospital, don't forget to swing by and come get me too.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:28 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Magazines make great boot inserts.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:40 PM

221 posts, read 283,024 times
I don't like certain kinds of boots. I don't like those ones which have the animal fleece lining and the outside of them look like bedroom slippers. I also don't like those that have the toe cut out - absolutely make no sense and are hideously ugly.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:17 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,988,187 times
I looove boots, looks so much better than other types of footwear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty