Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:24 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,546,933 times

Advertisements

I'd get spa treatments more often, like massage and facials. I'd have my hair and nails done professionally more often. I'd buy more high-end clothing, handbags, shoes.

No surgery or makeup upgrades for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 09:33 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Political Animal View Post
I get a kick out of some of my very well off female friends. They spend so much time and money on their beauty. They do everything they can to look hot. Diet, exercises, cosmetic surgery, expensive hair cuts and treatments, the best makeup, the best designer clothes and an eye to what is the most fashionable today. I ask them why they are so obsessive about their looks and they said their peers and social standing demand it. If you want to live the rich life with rich friends you need to look good.

And they do!

If you were a multi millionaire would you spend lots of time and money on trying to be beautiful?
Nope. I would be on a ranch, gettin dirty with the cattle and horses. I don't like phonies. Maybe start or support an animal sanctuary, a big one for elephants or creatures that require vast space. Put the money to a good cause, that will be ever-lasting. Hair, make-up and clothes are such a waste of money imo. They impress shallow people.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:48 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Political Animal View Post
I suspect if you see yourself as very attractive physically and look great with expensive makeup, clothes, and hair, then you would be more interested in making the investment.
If someone is attractive, they don't need all that crap to look good. My wedding dress I bought from a commission shop and it was just as good as any that cost hundreds of dollars.
My mother sold designer clothes, and loved to dress me. Fashion was so important to her, but it never rubbed off on me. She even bought me a fur once, that I ended up donating to PETA.
I am happiest in a t shirt n jeans. I don't care about impressing anybody. I quit coloring my hair years ago, it's damaging and full of chemicals. Natural health is where it's at. Jojoba oil conditioner is not costly.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:43 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
I would buy some clothes and maybe a couple of nice purses, but I'd rather spend the money on a home, pay bills, get a new car, and travel with my children.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:46 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
We are well off and and I can pretty much have whatever I want. I'm more of a want what you need don't need what you want kind of person. I prefer to be with down to earth real people and my rich friends are like that as well. I'm happiest spending the money on the kids in my life or on the pets.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:56 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
No. You don't need to spend a fortune IMO.

My money would go to travelling and causes I believe in like micro loans.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:28 PM

877 posts, read 2,013,045 times
No to both. A few years ago, when I first started getting into makeup and keeping up with MAC Collections, I got so overwhelmed with all these brand-name cosmetics, I find I don't even use 75% of it. I find myself dying to get rid of half of my stash because I know I won't even use them at all. It's more like what I need right now.

Also, clothes..I haven't bought some new clothes in a while because I'm in college and I'm on low funds. I realize there are some necessities in life that are just makeup and clothes and beautifying yourself.. but other experiences, like eating out and having a good time..I think those things are quite worth the money to spend on. The only time I spend money on things is when I find myself missing it, like professional attire, or a formal dress, but that's pretty much it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty