Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 12:58 AM

814 posts, read 2,307,469 times

Advertisements

st ives collagen and elastin facial cream gets outstanding reviews and it's dirt cheap at 5 bucks in a huge jar. that product is very good considering the price too.

another product that is underrated is the dirt cheap palmers skin success cream with vitamins c,e, sunscreen and alpha hydroxy and hyroquinone. i don't use it anymore but i did when i was breaking out and it's excellent. it not only prevents breakouts but evens out skintone and keeps skin clean and skin renewed. even though the alpha hydroxy renews the skin layers, i wouldn't recommend it as a wrinkle cream because it's not made to be a moisturizer and the hyroquinone to fade acne or scar marks will dry your skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 02:40 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmobizmo View Post
What makes finding a good anti-aging regimen so hard is the plethora of information out there and trying to decipher it all. It is difficult to cut through the advertising and scientific names for ingrediants and discover what really works and is somewhat affordable.

Can somebody just point me to some day/night creams or serums that have EVERYTHING I need to hold Father Time at bay. It would be nice to whiddle it down to no more than 2 products to use each day since I'm sure there isn't a product that has everything listed below. Of course, if anybody knows of a product that has it all, I'm all ears!

AHA
Matrixyl 3000
Copper Peptides
Antioxidants
Retinol
Collagen and Elastin boosters

Half of this stuff I listed are probably the same thing but who can keep up with what is what. It's so confusing.

You won't find a product that has all those ingredients because those ingredients can have negative side effects or diminish it's effectiveness when used together, like Retinol and Copper Peptides.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:42 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
I am really loving RoC Deep Wrinkle Correxion Daily Moisturizer! I haven't tried any of the other RoC products because I use Retin-A at night, but I'm impressed with the moisturizer! (Plus it has a 30 SPF in it!!!)

Old 05-19-2009, 12:50 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,087 times
I use Jan Marini products and swear by them! I have been using for nearly 10 years now, from the oily skin stages long ago to the drier nowadays.

Though in all honesty, a diet rich in nutrients will help the skin from inside out better than any cream!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:20 AM

2 posts, read 4,225 times
another product that is underrated is the dirt cheap palmers skin success cream with vitamins c,e, sunscreen and alpha hydroxy and hyroquinone. i don't use it anymore but i did when i was breaking out and it's excellent. it not only prevents breakouts but evens out skintone and keeps skin clean and skin renewed. even though the alpha hydroxy renews the skin layers, i wouldn't recommend it as a wrinkle cream because it's not made to be a moisturizer and the hyroquinone to fade acne or scar marks will dry your skin.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:21 AM

2 posts, read 4,225 times
Default http://mrwrinklesreview.com

Old 06-07-2009, 02:48 PM

111 posts, read 258,722 times
Everyone is different so what works for one person may not work for another. I use Walgreen's Alpha Hydroxy Cream at night. But I strongly believe you really need a routine to have good skin. Drink lots of water. Wear sunglasses and a foundation with an SPF in it. Its always better to do research and take help of shopping guide available, which can serve as a primary search tool to read product reviews to assist you in the next step of buying and trying wrinkle creams for yourself.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:01 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,931,794 times
Renergie by Lancome

Old 06-08-2009, 02:07 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,860 times
Sculptra

Old 06-08-2009, 03:26 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,666,076 times
I don't have an anit wrinkle cream, but I have found a product that makes your face feel like a babys behind.
The product is called "pretty hands and feet" It is basically a product that takes off all the old skin with out scratchy ingredients like ground peach pits. You wash your face and apply it as a cream and rub it on your skin. After about a minute of rubbing it you see the old skin start to come off into little rolls. Then you rinse your face and apply your favorite moisturiser. This is not supposed to be the use for this product, however I use it only about 4 times a year and it works terrifically and for a years worth it only costs about $5.00 at Wal Mart. Look in the foot care isle.
I also use ST Ives collegan elastin. DIRT CHEAP! I am 58 and it is by far the best and most soothing skin cream I have ever used. I can afford to use it on my whole body. I am always getting compliments on my skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty