Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 11:14 AM

44 posts, read 49,083 times

Advertisements

I mean physical dealbreakers that the opposite sex cannot control?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 11:19 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
What do you mean, Genetics?

If I am attracted to someone, then I am attracted to someone. I could overlook genetic or physical "flaws." However, if she has some kind of contagious ailment, then I may have to back off for the sake of my health.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:24 AM

120 posts, read 211,807 times
double post

Last edited by Cyborg; 10-13-2012 at 11:47 AM..

Old 10-13-2012, 11:45 AM

120 posts, read 211,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
If I am attracted to someone, then I am attracted to someone. I could overlook genetic or physical "flaws."
That is a stupid question because of course most people will not want to date someone with a lot of genetic and physical defects. It's called "natural selection" and "survival of the fittest" and therefore everyone wants a physically fit partner. That is just how our brains are physiologically programmed to behave.

This is why I think this question is stupid and somewhat out of place.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:57 AM

499 posts, read 756,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
That is a stupid question because of course most people will not want to date someone with a lot of genetic and physical defects. It's called "natural selection" and "survival of the fittest" and therefore everyone wants a physically fit partner. That is just how our brains are physiologically programmed to behave.

This is why I think this question is stupid and somewhat out of place.
I think this method of thinking is actually stupid and very out of place. Natural Selection doesn't quite play out the same way with humans unless you're referring to mortality rates due to disease because UNLIKE animals, we can think and reason. That's why we have concepts such as murder when animals kill for the hell of it, rape when animals have sex because they can and racism. We build social constructs because we can think, reason and use logic.

The idea that women only gravitate toward certain types of men, vice versa and that "survival of the fittest" has different meaning when it comes to humans. That huge 6'5 caveman wouldn't stand a chance against a 5'4 caveman who invented hunting tools and learned how to create fire first. That woman with huge breasts and a huge dierre wouldn't stand a chance against the flat chested woman who would prepare a great dinner and care for him better, or come up with tools herself to obliterate that curvaceous woman.

That thinking, logic, emotions, feelings TRUMP any hint of natural selection. If humans bluntly followed natural selection, then we'd only have tall men, tiny women, huge breasts and things of the like, but we do NOT, and have been here for millions of years already.

It's why a woman can fall in with someone who is disabled, can't physically protect her or maybe even provide for her, or why a younger guy could fall for a woman past her prime. Why women can date men shorter than them, or a guy could date a woman who isn't that attractive.

All of this nonsense about "women have to be attractive", "women have to have firm hips and huge breasts", "men have to be at least 180cm" plays out in online dating, but not necessarily in real life.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:13 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,139,352 times
Default Well,

Well for myself Tentacles are a deal-breaker for me.

This is a silly thread. It implies everyone has to be a perfect physical beings in every way.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:58 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
I think we all have them. I have voiced some of mine before, despite their lack of political correctness. I'll add another one to the list, based on a nickname we had for a woman, mid 30s or so, who used to come to these work meetings every now and then - "the volleyball chick."

Very "generic" looking and not particularly feminine, especially the one on the left:
http://headblitz.com/wp-content/uplo...ll_girls-3.jpg

Old 10-13-2012, 03:00 PM

499 posts, read 756,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I think we all have them. I have voiced some of mine before, despite their lack of political correctness. I'll add another one to the list, based on a nickname we had for a woman, mid 30s or so, who used to come to these work meetings every now and then - "the volleyball chick."

Very "generic" looking and not particularly feminine, especially the one on the left:
I know my dealbreakers aren't politically correct, but at the end of the day who cares right? You are going to like what you like, and you're going to have haters for that. Let them hate. For everyone who complains about a dealbreaker, they have their own dealbreakers.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:03 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,199,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post

They're not trying to be feminine while playing volleyball... I don't see anything wrong with that picture.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:14 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
They're not trying to be feminine while playing volleyball... I don't see anything wrong with that picture.
I don't even see why you need to comment. It's a matter of taste. Even when they're not playing, their aura is very much the same, and they are NOT feminine at any time, from what I've seen. I grew up around a lot of chicks like this, within close proximity to the Pacific Ocean. Give it a rest, ok?

If you like them, then help yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty