Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 11:06 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have. I have a good friend that spiraled for about 3 years. Lots of heavy drug use (alcohol, weed, cocaine and the occasional bit of meth) and looked absolutely gorgeous through the entire ordeal. She's been sober going on 2 years and looks better than ever.

Some people just have extraordinary genes.

Her age?

And looking better than ever shows she was degrading with her habits.

Lifestyle habits show up later on too. (sun,drugs etc)

Her meth use must of been very rare.

alcohol - have you seen her in a bikini?

weed- baggy eyes and dark circles, dry dull skin tone - this clears up just like smoking ciggs

coke - how is the nose after that run? Must of been occasional with that too.

She did do damage to her body by doing that and subtracted from her years of youthful looks.
Itsa coming...

Just like the overbaked sunworshipers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 06:37 AM

71 posts, read 79,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Rene Russo or Michelle Pfeiffer?
because both of them had plastic surgery

Old 12-16-2012, 07:38 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Everyone ages.

People with loads of money to spend simply have the means to go to great lengths to conceal signs of it as best they can.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:35 PM

872 posts, read 1,385,503 times
I think Denise Richards looks stunning at age 41. She looks younger than a number of 25 year old's I know

Best way to reduce aging? Intermittent fasting apparently ...

Old 12-16-2012, 04:29 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,253,676 times
I've always found Nancy Pelosi very attractive and she's 70. Also Laura Bush.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:59 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Hands down, the best method of retaining a youthful appearance among those who don't have the dollars for cosmetic surgery is skin care...chiefly among the many facets of skincare, limiting UV exposure. Sun damage is the most aging thing, either. And not just for the tanning bed, sun-worshipper leather ladies, either. Just people who get an average amount of exposure, and fail to use sunscreen consistently will have their skin break down faster than those who religiously protect. After that, stress and insufficient rest are the next most aging things.

Seriously, if you can afford nothing else, the best things you can do to protect your youthful appearance are to limit UV exposure, find constructive ways to deal with stress, and get enough dang sleep. Those are the basics.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:09 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Ok,we know wrinkles make people look older.
BUT,other things occur in the bony structure of the face that screams"older".
The jaw widens,forehead skin thins,so much you can see the where the bones fused together,eyes get deeper into sockets. If an older woman doeesnt have wrinkles,yet looks young for her age,I can still tell she is older,because almost always the jaws are bigger in older women. Like Sandra Bullock.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:11 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
I know this is different territory,but I've noticed that women on welfare all their lives look younger than women who have wroked. This is eveident in the 40 to 50 age range.

Also,night shifters tend to look older than day shift workers. Not sure why.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:40 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I know this is different territory,but I've noticed that women on welfare all their lives look younger than women who have wroked. This is eveident in the 40 to 50 age range.

Also,night shifters tend to look older than day shift workers. Not sure why.
maybe lack of vit. D.. Ive never really thought about that one.... stress , drugs whether illegal or prescribed change looks, as does illness, smoking and alcohol. Being crabbit, (grumpy) picky with others, argumentative causes frown lines and a droopy mouth , so look out if you have these tendencies.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:04 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
I don't know how she does it, but at 48, Marisa Tomei still pulls off the perfect mixture of cute and "I wanna bend you over the bed right now" sexy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty