Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 06:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

I shave my underarms just because I like the way it looks, and the only place I grow dark hair on my legs is on the very front of my shins, which is odd. Even during the summer I rarely shave my legs and only a few people have ever noticed it. I guess I was lucky enough to be born with fine, blonde leg hair (except for the front of my shins, of course). I've never shaved above the knee.

As for my lady bits, I'm trim but I don't shave and I think the 'bare' looks is gross. It's just to prepubescent for me and I do question men who like the totally bare look. As for bathing suits, I don't wear suits that would necessitate me shaving down there. I wear vintage style suits that don't show my private parts so I don't have to really worry about hair removal.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:28 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I shave my underarms just because I like the way it looks, and the only place I grow dark hair on my legs is on the very front of my shins, which is odd. Even during the summer I rarely shave my legs and only a few people have ever noticed it. I guess I was lucky enough to be born with fine, blonde leg hair (except for the front of my shins, of course). I've never shaved above the knee.

As for my lady bits, I'm trim but I don't shave and I think the 'bare' looks is gross. It's just to prepubescent for me and I do question men who like the totally bare look. As for bathing suits, I don't wear suits that would necessitate me shaving down there. I wear vintage style suits that don't show my private parts so I don't have to really worry about hair removal.
I'm similar, JJ, and have to agree about men who prefer it all gone (thankfully hubby doesn't, but I dated men before him who did).

I'm with you on the suits too, I never did the really skimpy, "barely there" types either and still don't. Personally, I think the vintage styles (and more modern less revealing styles) are sexier because they DON'T reveal as much.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:38 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Being Australian, I compulsively remove all body hair immediately it shows itself. I will even wax my arms even though my body hair is very light, almost invisible. I still prefer to be smoooooooth.

HOWEVER.

I have a new partner who has requested I grow some back as he finds the Brazilian look to be a turn off.

So now I am the unproud owner of a full beard, so to speak, and I remember why I took it off it the first place.

Pubes go grey.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:44 PM

121 posts, read 301,800 times
PUBES go grey / blue silver and white....... what you start seeing the first one POP up you know you have a old puss in boots. lol

Old 01-04-2013, 04:02 PM

468 posts, read 553,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
Places I've been to in western / eastern / southern europe were mostly shaved.
I found this old pic of Penelope Cruz:
Penelope Cruz photo, pics, wallpaper - photo #48794 Check out the major arm hair. Guess she had it lasered or bleached/waxed. This is what her arms look like now:
Penelope Cruz photo, pics, wallpaper - photo #538408

I wonder what her legs, arms and face (maybe back) look like naturally. I know a few Med women can be on the hairy side but like you I think most remove it. Shaving somehow worsens it but I believe if you wax eventually you can become hairless in the arm and leg areas.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:58 AM

11 posts, read 56,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I have a roommate who is Taiwanese and raised in the States. She says she doesn't shave her leg hair because she doesn't have much leg hair because she's Asian. She showed me her leg and she has as much hair as I do if I don't shave. For some reason she thinks that's not enough to shave. Oh well.
you know she need to move to a laser clinic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty