Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 01:38 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Redheads seem to be a strong taste, the men who love them, really LOVE them, and a lot of men aren't fans, maybe they are afraid of the fiery reputation.

I hadn't realized red fades with age. I have this friend who is in her 50s and she insists that she is a "strawberry blonde" when she first mentioned being a redhead, I thought she was joking because her hair is a very light natural blonde, I don't see any red at all. I guess when she was younger it was a lot more red and she became attached to the word "strawberry" it made her feel special as kid to be likened to strawberries. She still sees the red, but it's really just blonde now.
I asked my hairdresser about this because I've seen quite a few really older people still sporting red hair, which appears to be natural (men included so likely so). He said all redheads will have fading as they age, but the more red you have the more red you keep. Good chance I'll lose all of mine eventually unfortunately. I also asked him about the graying aspect since some of these people tend to not gray. I think I remember him saying it takes us longer. When I was about 33 years old I noticed a gray hair. The strange thing about it is I isolated it, traced it up my head, and realized when it got to ear level it had reverted back to its original color. I've not had a single gray since, including that one. Must've been a fluke.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:43 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I asked my hairdresser about this because I've seen quite a few really older people still sporting red hair, which appears to be natural (men included so likely so). He said all redheads will have fading as they age, but the more red you have the more red you keep. Good chance I'll lose all of mine eventually unfortunately. I also asked him about the graying aspect since some of these people tend to not gray. I think I remember him saying it takes us longer. When I was about 33 years old I noticed a gray hair. The strange thing about it is I isolated it, traced it up my head, and realized when it got to ear level it had reverted back to its original color. I've not had a single gray since, including that one. Must've been a fluke.
Lucky you, I've had grays since I was 20, that's the main reason I have been keeping my hair blonde when I used to darken it often. The grays don't show as much when you have a lot of blonde highlights, I still have to do a touch up color on some areas every 4-6 weeks. It's funny that your gray hair went back to red, the pigment must have just shut down temporarily for some reason.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:07 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,214,660 times
Default Henna color at all

Who is kidding whom here?

If a girl is moderately attractive, and can't be taken for a farm animal, most men thump their thighs and say "Oh Boy! What a Babe!"

Old 12-26-2012, 06:12 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Lucky you, I've had grays since I was 20, that's the main reason I have been keeping my hair blonde when I used to darken it often. The grays don't show as much when you have a lot of blonde highlights, I still have to do a touch up color on some areas every 4-6 weeks. It's funny that your gray hair went back to red, the pigment must have just shut down temporarily for some reason.
My husband is in the same boat. He started going gray in high school (just a few strays here and there). He has been fully silver since his late 20s to around 30. He still has mostly black eyebrows, but that's about it.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:58 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,137,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Does anybody else ever had it? I have it from quite a few time actually, I cannot be attracted brunette girls (or fake blondes for that matter)although I kind find some of them objetively attractive, But always when I'm turned on by a girl she resulted to be either a natural blonde/redhead, like those kind of germanic looking women.

Do you ever have had a particular attraction from a single type of women/men?
Well, I'll tell ya, a woman's hair color is not the first thing that attracts me.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:07 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,846,485 times
Quote:
Does anybody else ever had it? huh?? it? I have it (you have "it"....what it do you mean?) from quite a few time actually, I cannot be attracted brunette girls (or fake blondes for that matter)although I kind find some of them objetively attractive, But always when I'm turned on by a girl she resulted to be either a natural blonde/redhead, like those kind of germanic looking women.

Do you ever have had a particular attraction from a single type of women/men?
You start some weird topics.....you are so full of BS...

Ok, so just how do you know if the hair is natural or fake? With a good color, must people can't tell the difference.....so...do you ask? It's quite obvious that you are initially attracted to these "fake" brunette's/blonde's but once you find out their color is not natural, you make the CHOICE to not like it/them.

Get honest dude!

Old 12-27-2012, 03:00 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post

Ok, so just how do you know if the hair is natural or fake? With a good color, must people can't tell the difference.....so...do you ask? It's quite obvious that you are initially attracted to these "fake" brunette's/blonde's but once you find out their color is not natural, you make the CHOICE to not like it/them.

Get honest dude!
That's true, a good friend of mine is an excellent colorist. A lot of people don't realize how much of a skill coloring hair is, she can look at someone's features, skin tone, and even clothing and pick just the right color that will look amazing and natural. She can make almost anyone with light brown to dark blonde hair look like light blonde is their natural color. Sometimes if the skin tone works darker brown can go blonde and look natural, but that's a lot of work, the bleaching is very hard on the hair, and the upkeep is insane. I don't know why anyone who isn't an actress doing it for a role would want to do it.

I have blonde hair, and I still say it's overrated, I'd prefer to go darker, but premature grays blend better with blonde so I don't have to touch up as often. I'm glad that as a society, in the past few decades, beauty ideals have expanded beyond blue eyed blondes. Idealizing one look means people who look different may feel bad, that's just not right, I'm glad that my coloring is no longer on every magazine cover like in the days of Cheryl Tiegs and Christie Brinkley.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:15 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,717,464 times
Quote:

Get honest dude!
Really.

If he doesn't know "it" makes him go "schwing"...

Wayne's World Shwing Shwing - YouTube

Old 01-01-2013, 11:16 PM

599 posts, read 2,594,109 times
Quote:

Get honest dude!

You always can tell them apart because facial features, body type etc, a girl with italian or spanish facial features is highly unlikely she will be a pale yellow blonde (extremely rare in those ethnicities), a girl with typical germanic features, face, body, height, etc will probably be natural blonde and if she dyes it it only will be highlights from lightbrown/darkblond to a lighter shade.

You can post 10 girls pictures and I will easily tell you who is a natural blonde and who isnt.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:26 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,375 times
Quote:
You always can tell them apart because facial features, body type etc, a girl with italian or spanish facial features is highly unlikely she will be a pale yellow blonde (extremely rare in those ethnicities), a girl with typical germanic features, face, body, height, etc will probably be natural blonde and if she dyes it it only will be highlights from lightbrown/darkblond to a lighter shade.

You can post 10 girls pictures and I will easily tell you who is a natural blonde and who isnt.
Baloney, you already failed on one of the other half dozen threads you started on the same subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty