Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 03:52 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times

Advertisements

This is a rant with a question. I just received an order in the mail from VS. They are having their sale so I bought 5 $50 bras for 25 each and they are tiny (all 32D). Does anyone know if you are supposed to break them in?

The smallest is a bra called "Gorgeous". I'm literally bulging out of it, even with the straps loose. The band is fine, but the cup leaves me no room, this is seriously a b-cup. It looks like I have 4 boobs. Should I try wearing this around the house to break it in or will that not work?

Lace Push-Up Bra - Gorgeous Collection - Victoria's Secret

I'm tired of VS's jacked-up sizing.

What makes it weirder is that this size is too small, yet my vs silk nightie is an XS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 04:02 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,349,604 times
Judging from their advertising imagery, I'd say VS thinks the bulging out of your bra look is desirable. I think they forget women actually wear clothes over their stuff. The bulging doesn't look so great when it is giving the quadruple-boob effect under your t-shirt..

Old 01-02-2013, 04:34 PM

799 posts, read 1,549,942 times
Girl, its vanity sizing. You are probably really a 32d, but at VS you are a 32DD. This is marketing based on the assumption that women want to have larger breasts. The marketing logic is, if you have bigger boobs at VS, you will more likely buy bras at VS so that you can brag to your sweetie that your boobs are soooo huge. When he gets you some sexy lingerie, he will look at your sizes and think "hmm.. my girl is STACKED." Interesting too that when you DON'T want to be seen as "too big" VS cuts the sizes down on the nighities, therefore you are a teeny XS, which is probably more like a regular small anywhere else.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:47 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
Without trying to sound like "Captain Obvious," did you measure yourself before ordering? Each company will size its bras differently, so you really need to know where you fit (no pun intended ) on VS' sizing spectrum.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:14 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,583 times
Bras have gone the way of jeans in terms of vanity sizing, sadly. You can get five different bras in the same size from five different places, and they would each fit differently. I stopped buying VS bras because I could never figure out what the proper size was (even after getting measured!), and it sounds like you're having the exact same issue. I'd just send the bras that are ill-fitting back.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:27 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
Judging from their advertising imagery, I'd say VS thinks the bulging out of your bra look is desirable.
you say that like it's a bad thing.

June is bustin' out all over - R&H's Carousel 1956 - YouTube

Old 01-02-2013, 06:51 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Bras with push-up and padding may require you to go up a size. Though I lust after the bras at VS with all their lace and bright colors, they don't have a reliable or accurate sizing method and I think they should be avoided.

Have you tried bras from brands like Freya or Curvy Kate? I think you have to turn to a UK company to get a good fit.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisthedealwith View Post
Girl, its vanity sizing. You are probably really a 32d, but at VS you are a 32DD. This is marketing based on the assumption that women want to have larger breasts. The marketing logic is, if you have bigger boobs at VS, you will more likely buy bras at VS so that you can brag to your sweetie that your boobs are soooo huge. When he gets you some sexy lingerie, he will look at your sizes and think "hmm.. my girl is STACKED." Interesting too that when you DON'T want to be seen as "too big" VS cuts the sizes down on the nighities, therefore you are a teeny XS, which is probably more like a regular small anywhere else.

LOL! The way you worded this is hilarious for some reason. OOoooh baby, I'm STACKED

Old 01-02-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Without trying to sound like "Captain Obvious," did you measure yourself before ordering? Each company will size its bras differently, so you really need to know where you fit (no pun intended ) on VS' sizing spectrum.

I admit, I didn't. I have a couple 32ds I bought from VS over the summer that fit well though. Their measuring system is complex, I don't understand why it has to be so complicated.

Last time I got measured in store, I feel like the sales girl didn't even measure me properly. She just held the measuring tape around me extremely loosely like she was uncomfortable with the process and said "You should be a 34C". WRONG. 34 at VS is way too wide for me.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Bras with push-up and padding may require you to go up a size. Though I lust after the bras at VS with all their lace and bright colors, they don't have a reliable or accurate sizing method and I think they should be avoided.

Have you tried bras from brands like Freya or Curvy Kate? I think you have to turn to a UK company to get a good fit.

Where do they sell them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty