Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,876,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The hipsters in my city wear shorts like that with leggings or tights with holes or runs in them. :P

The "polished" ones wear it with ballet flats or pumps. The other ones get out their doc martens.
Don't be hating the Doc Martens. They may have became trendy in middle school (wow, I'm getting old), but I still rock a pair occasionally with a flannel shirt and I'm proud of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 12:26 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Don't be hating the Doc Martens. They may have became trendy in middle school (wow, I'm getting old), but I still rock a pair occasionally with a flannel shirt and I'm proud of it.
Docs are fine. It is the holey tights and leggings I have a problem with.

I think we are the same age Philosophizer....they were popular in my middle school days as well.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,231,228 times
Quote:
For the life of me, I cannot remember, what made women think these were wise and I cannot sympathize (with how poor a woman's sense of fashion must be to wear sweatpants like these).

Totally tasteless and trashy.

http://bandoffathers.com/wp-content/.../06/pants1.jpg
I'd take Juicy any day over these atrocities :

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/UniSex-Hammer...jLQ~~60_57.JPG

http://i.ysi.bz/Assets/GalleryImage/...0013131664.jpg

http://ru.fishki.net/picsw/082011/31/post/shtani/tn.jpg

Whoever thought those were a good idea should NOT be working anywhere near the fashion field....

Old 01-16-2013, 01:14 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,717,169 times
Quote:
Docs are fine. It is the holey tights and leggings I have a problem with.

I think we are the same age Philosophizer....they were popular in my middle school days as well.

They totally were copying me from the 90s. Sorry.

I used to wear colored tights and then a different ripped up color over them.
No real holes. Just made traveling snags and everyone seemed to love it.

Black over dark grey actually looks pretty neat.

I hate that giant hole trend with bare legs...it just looks like you drank too much and fell asleep in a gutter and then just started you day strait out of the ditch.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:47 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post

They totally were copying me from the 90s. Sorry.

I used to wear colored tights and then a different ripped up color over them.
No real holes. Just made traveling snags and everyone seemed to love it.

Black over dark grey actually looks pretty neat.

I hate that giant hole trend with bare legs...it just looks like you drank too much and fell asleep in a gutter and then just started you day strait out of the ditch.
I went to middle school in the 90s.

I had my colored tights and skirts.....no holes for me though. Mom didn't approve.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:05 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,028,983 times
I did the whole grunge, flannel, babydoll dress and doc martin style in high school in the 90s. I didn't do holes in my tights, though.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:08 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,876,358 times
Cheap flip flops. Girls wore them with everything back in the day. They're okay for quick in and out trips, maybe even poolside or at the beach, but I couldn't imagine wearing them all day walking around town. Not to mention they become worthless the second you wear them in the water (the toe thong pulls out from the bottom of the flip flop the second you lift your foot to take a step).

Old 01-16-2013, 02:36 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,717,169 times
Quote:
I went to middle school in the 90s.

I had my colored tights and skirts.....no holes for me though. Mom didn't approve.

Neither did mine. Automatically cooler. LOL

She would actually secretly throw them away. hahahaa! I caught her once and it was hilarious.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:47 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,215,508 times
I used to travel to NYC periodically and then come back to Pennsyltuckey.

Sure enough, what I saw on the streets in NYC would show up "in them there" streets - a year later.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Cheap flip flops. Girls wore them with everything back in the day. They're okay for quick in and out trips, maybe even poolside or at the beach, but I couldn't imagine wearing them all day walking around town. Not to mention they become worthless the second you wear them in the water (the toe thong pulls out from the bottom of the flip flop the second you lift your foot to take a step).

No way. $2.99 at Long's. They are the footware of choice in Hawaii. Outside everyone's front door at a party 20 pair of flip flops - it's hell finding your pair. Last people leaving are left with mismatched and the wrong size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty