Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 04:36 PM

456 posts, read 1,170,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
Every actress he thought was cool all looked like clones of each other. Every ex girlfriend I ever saw a picture of looked identical to all the others. My husband and I have kept in touch with him over the years and true to form every single love interest he's ever had is short and blonde.
That is REALLY creepy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 04:36 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,042,144 times
It's very unique...you stand out in a crowd.

One of a kind...it's all your own.

There's always something others are missing.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:51 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,042,144 times
Or in other words...you'll KNOW it when you see it.

Nah......

Spoiler

Image Detail for - New Rolex Explorer Watch : Gadgets

Yes......

Spoiler

http://www.discountwatchstore.com/as...DW6900MS-1.jpg

Old 03-03-2013, 07:58 PM

830 posts, read 1,666,503 times
Hmm... the only thing my husband says specifically about my looks preferences is that I should not cut my hair short again! Maybe he says other stuff but that's the one I pay attention to because I really, really want to have my hair short again. I got it cut over a year ago and I miss that look.

Other than that he tries to get me to wear skimpier tops and dresses, which I am always reluctant to wear. I don't like showing my arms, shoulders, cleavage, back and waist too much although in reality I know shouldn't feel so embarrassed about my body. I wear baggy or plain clothes a lot and he says I dress like a homeless person. When I wear the stuff he wants me to wear I always get complimented but that's still not enough to get me to change my wardrobe.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:20 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
No, my husband tells me he likes the way I look no matter what way I wear my hair or clothes - smart man
This describes my marriage too and it goes both ways. We'd be messed up individuals otherwise. Neither of us married our "preference." Hubby always liked brown hair, brown eye, curvy figures. I always liked blonde hair, blue or green eyed men with broad shoulders. But hubby married a blonde haired, green eyed, slender woman, and I married a short little Italian who looks like Albert Einstein. If we were hung up on looks, we would not have married each other!!!!

Old 03-03-2013, 09:19 PM

632 posts, read 1,030,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelcake4 View Post
Do you have preferences for your significant other and do you voice your preferences?
I absolutely do. I like when she wears anything that is form fitting. She has such an incredible body, I like when she flaunts it a bit. Certain tight jeans, yoga pants, etc. She just looks incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelcake4 View Post
The follow-up question to that is: do you aim to please your significant other?

It'd be interesting to hear how much other people take their SO's opinion into account.

I absolutely do. She has always been in touch with what is in fashion, and even many of her fancy friends seek her advice. Whenever she makes recommendations (or ultimatims) what she wants me to wear, I wear it. Knowing that Im wearing what she likes me to wear, and her great fashion sense, I actually sometimes feel even MORE confident and good looking when I wear what she wants, or what she chooses for me to wear.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:48 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,457,265 times
Walking down the 'hallway' of conversations here at C-D and thought I'd pop in for fun and reiterate D Scott's comment about wearing a suit for a man seems to always bring me extra looks from women.

If 'The Importers Wife' had a twin I'm guessing she'd fit my tastes. From the comments I've noticed over time, I gather she is a statuesque natural beauty like one sees in an LL Bean catalog and will look just as good made up for night out as covered in dirt working in jeans and sweatshirt in a garden. But, lest I be seen as a type fetishist, in a whimsical mood I envision PinkBunny reenacting a Dr Seuss classic being 'Disneyesque' a la Thumper in the classic Bambi. Seriously, no particular 'type' needs focus on a look per se, I just prefer when women can accent their strong points (visually, physically) without making it so blatant, subtlety is so much sexier.

K9Coach's comment that some guys definitely have a 'type' fetish reminded me of John Derek who after the 1st wife (Patti Behr-and I wonder what she must have thought through the years after) married / divorced in succession: Ursula Andress, Linda Evans, and Bo Derek. I guess it took him some time to figure out what he liked or to become a successful enough celeb to get what he wanted
Moderator cut: image removed

Alfred Hitchcock had a type he liked for films (Madeline Carroll, Grace Kelly, Kim Novak, Eva Marie Saint, Tippi Hedren etc...) and I always thought John Derek and Alfred would have had some interesting conversations over drinks.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:14 AM

817 posts, read 2,188,862 times
Like everyone, my husband has his preferences, but I don't pay them too much attention. That's part of what he likes about me. I don't dress inappropriately or ridiculously though. I suppose if I was going shopping in a hooker outfit, he'd probably try to draw a line.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:17 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Well, he likes me to keep my hair fairly long and would really rather me not cut it. I get it cut every once in a while and I will take 3-6 inches off at a time, because it gets pretty long.

I am used to cutting it however I want here and there and on a whim.

He has mentioned I look nice in dresses and I think that was a hint for me to wear them more often. When I am in something more girlie he compliments that I look nice or he likes what I am wearing, etc.

I just do not like dresses and I am not so sure on girlie stuff either.... He has the long hair. I will keep that for him.

I have never seen him with his hair any different than it is now, same goes for his facial hair. With that said, I can't have a preference.

I've seen him in all different kinds of clothes and I don't have a preference. He does look nice in a suit.. =)

Old 03-05-2013, 12:05 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Long hair, tight clothes, big heels with lingerie underneath
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty