Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 PM

99 posts, read 167,655 times

Advertisements

My day to day makeup consists of bb cream, eyeliner on my top lip, filling in my brows, and chapstick. I don't think that's unvirtuous and I don't wear it around my boyfriend all the time because I figure he has to get used to how I look au naturale as well so no hidden lies there either...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 09:57 PM

840 posts, read 1,147,380 times
When I was not wearing makeup, I was told that I would be prettier with makeup to my face and behind my back and get the general vibe from my older relatives that I lack respect for myself if I don't take care of my appearance.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:02 PM

271 posts, read 600,651 times
Really, does it matter?

Ohh I have some tattoos too. What century are we in right now?

Old 03-11-2013, 10:51 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azula View Post
Makeup = bimbo.

No makeup = slob.

Can't win when it comes to this topic.

To wear or not to wear makeup is a choice (or at least, should be).
Reminds me of this:

It was irritating being told I looked good with 'no makeup' when in reality I was still wearing quite a bit. Then, when I actually wore none I would get a ton of people asking if I was sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
When I was not wearing makeup, I was told that I would be prettier with makeup to my face and behind my back and get the general vibe from my older relatives that I lack respect for myself if I don't take care of my appearance.
Yep. I got that all the time, but much less now because I rarely wear makeup anymore. I've made it a rule not to go on first dates wearing anything but a little bit of mascara and chapstick. Wouldn't want to 'trick' anyone...

Old 03-12-2013, 04:00 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Downright sadistic on my part.. to venture out without it....

Old 03-12-2013, 05:28 AM

31 posts, read 59,101 times
lol. i don't wear makeup.... why? because i'm cheap and don't want to spend money on the junk.... and i am very sensitive to the stuff so i break out as soon as i put it on, then i need it and have to wear it again and my skin keeps breaking out. it's a never-ending cycle. women can be whores just fine without makeup on!

Old 03-12-2013, 07:21 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
You said it, to hell with virtue..

Old 03-12-2013, 07:32 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
OMG! That is all...

Old 03-12-2013, 07:36 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulinanderson View Post
lol. i don't wear makeup.... why? because i'm cheap and don't want to spend money on the junk.... and i am very sensitive to the stuff so i break out as soon as i put it on, then i need it and have to wear it again and my skin keeps breaking out. it's a never-ending cycle. women can be whores just fine without makeup on!

Are you confessing like a virtuous woman?

(jk)

Truth! Now behave your self lady naked face!

Old 03-12-2013, 09:29 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
I don't wear make-up because I don't want to, and I don't really like how I look with it on.

I am a Christian, it has nothing to do with that. I am actually the only woman in my Sunday School class who is there without make-up.

A bunch of us friends, men and women, were together for breakfast one Sunday and it was just after Valentines Day. There was a Mary Kay lady walking around giving women roses and asking if they wanted to sign up to win a free make-over. My friend was across the table from me and the lady offered this to her and she said oh great, was excited, and started filling the form out. Then she turns to me, starts to ask me, but instead says, "Oh, I guess you don't want this."

I guess i didn't need a makeover. Maybe she thought it would be easier to sell make-up to someone who was wearing it than to someone who was not. I have no idea.

I would rather not feel like I can't leave the house without putting make-up on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty