Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 08:35 AM

90 posts, read 203,186 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I have a question. I started wearing eyeliner on my upper eyelids, but it seems to leak to my lower lids throughout the day and makes the bottom of my eyes look darker. Is there a way to prevent this? I've tried eye primer and that doesn't seem to work for me.
It really makes me look like I have dard circles under my eyes.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 04:16 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,723,979 times
It depends on how you're applying it and what kind of eyeliner you're using.

IMO, if you put eyeliner on your top lid, but apply it between or underneath your lashes (in your water line), you may have some smearing underneath your eye.

Also, I find waterproof gel or liquid eyeliner as best.

Are you sure it's not mascara?

Old 04-16-2013, 05:58 PM

90 posts, read 203,186 times
I was at Sephora and the lady was applying it between my lashes. I will try applying it on top of my lashes. I did buy some gel eyeliner that I will try. I was using I think some shadow that she also sold me. I'm a total beginner with this stuff.

I know it's not mascara since I don't wear any. LOL!

Thanks so much for your response!

Old 04-16-2013, 10:29 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,717,169 times
I apply a black pencil above the lashes and then set it with NYX black eyeshadow and a stiff slanted brush. Tap it on like footprints that connect. Then wiggle it into the lashes to cover gaps and look like you put it on the waterline (but its not). One final soft sweep to smooth and remove excess powder. Remove any fallout under eyes with a soft powder brush, scotch tape or a blast of a blow dryer.

shadow:
Amazon.com: NYX Trio Eye Shadow, White/Grey/Black: Beauty
brush:
Makeup Brushes - Makeup Brush | Ulta.com - Makeup, Perfume, Salon and Beauty Gifts

Keep a travel q-tip box with you for any smudges during the day.
Q-tips® Travel Pack

Old 04-16-2013, 10:42 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,912,589 times
Use liquid liner. If you're in a very humid climate, use waterproof mascara.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty