Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How Do You Shower, Soap Up, Wash Off, Get Clean?
I use a washcloth, loofah, or some bathing implement. 73 53.28%
I use my damn hands like nature intended. 60 43.80%
Other - I'll elaborate below. 4 2.92%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 08:57 PM

476 posts, read 1,134,955 times

Advertisements

I was recently a guest at a friend's home. Come bath time, I asked for a wash cloth. He looked at me as if I'd just requested a pigeon-toed albino alligator.
Completely confused and blind-sighted by my request.

Apparently my buddy showers with his two hands and a bar of soap, like an old-timey cowboy. If he's dating a woman at the moment, he'll borrow her fruity body wash for a treat.

Personally I can't effectively slough off dead skin cells & funk without a wash cloth, loofah, some foreign friction... ya dig.

Not sure if it's a gender, generational, race or cultural thing. Maybe my family was into washcloths & his wasn't; however you were raised is how you groom.

What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 09:00 PM

382 posts, read 804,378 times
With running water.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:13 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
And I don't feel clean just using a wash cloth.... I have to have a japanese scrub cloth. /lol
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

476 posts, read 1,134,955 times
HollaGeo the very definition of a "shower" is water raining, spraying down from on high.

Think it's redundant to state the water is running. My question is how do you shower, not What is a Shower.

Thanks for playing our game.

Next contestent.

131 posts, read 209,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
I was recently a guest at a friend's home. Come bath time, I asked for a wash cloth. He looked at me as if I'd just requested a pigeon-toed albino alligator.
Completely confused and blind-sighted by my request.

Apparently my buddy showers with his two hands and a bar of soap, like an old-timey cowboy. If he's dating a woman at the moment, he'll borrow her fruity body wash for a treat.

Personally I can't effectively slough off dead skin cells & funk without a wash cloth, loofah, some foreign friction... ya dig.

Not sure if it's a gender, generational, race or cultural thing. Maybe my family was into washcloths & his wasn't; however you were raised is how you groom.

What say you?
I don't understand how people can use their hands to wash their body without a wash cloth; I've tried on multiple occasions but I just don't feel as if I'm truly being cleaned. I guess because I like to scrub my skin, I can't see how others can take showers without wash cloths. Until recently, well like two years ago I was anti-reusal of my towels and wash cloths until they were washed, once I got on my own I decided to use my towel and wash cloth about a week before washing them again but while living with my parents we typically just used our wash cloths and towels once before washing them.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:15 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
My parents used washcloths, I use my hands. But I have 2 soaps, one that is used for more personal areas and one for the rest of me.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:23 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,745,007 times
I prefer a loofah or one of those mesh/net lather builder poofs, but a washcloth will do in a pinch.

I also use either a long handled brush or a long-handled mesh poof for scrubbing my back.

Not a fan of bars of soap, I always feel like they're unclean. Especially communal soap bars.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:23 PM

910 posts, read 2,293,938 times
I had to chuckle thinking how many petty things people trouble their minds with, as if it really matters how other people shower! I'm hoping this is not one of those "I'm right/he's wrong" thing...

Although this is not what you're talking about, I once read that there were about 200 different ways for people to wash dishes... myself at most I probably only know 4 or 5 and when I was younger and less "worldly" I probably thought the way I learned at home was "the best way"... Are you catching my drift?

With that said, I would agree that something that helps sloughing off dead skin is not only "better" but healthier, but most men are sort of like... cavemen, and if they didn't have a mother who taught them well, or a g/f or wife to change the error of their ways, they probably shower like the person above me said (yikes!), lol!

Being a woman I have all kinds of "implements" around my bathtub, but I DON'T use washcloths, I read you should change them daily and I could not be bothered with that, so I only use one if I'm in a hotel if I forgot to pack something better. My favorite is my back brush with wich I brush my entire body at least a couple of times a week, the rest of the time I will use one of those funny looking plastic sponges, or, if in a hurry, just my hands - yes! - especially during the summer when I shower 2-3x/day, I'd be killing my skin if I did it any other way, don't even use soap all over my body every one of those times either because from the neck down it's mostly dry.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
I use shower gel and a loofah.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:34 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,744,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
I prefer a loofah or one of those mesh/net lather builder poofs, but a washcloth will do in a pinch.

I also use either a long handled brush or a long-handled mesh poof for scrubbing my back.

Not a fan of bars of soap, I always feel like they're unclean. Especially communal soap bars.
Same here, pretty much. At some point when the kids were little we started calling the mesh poofs "scrubbies" and the name stuck, so we have hooks in there for each person's own "scrubbie" and some long handled back brushes too.

I keep washcloths on hand for guests and for washing my face. I grew up using washcloths, before the scrubbie things existed, and my mother always had about 30 of them in the bathroom cabinet! I think she still does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty