Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 07:38 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times

Advertisements

I'm 23, ill be 24 in a few months, I'm 5'3" and only about 110.
I still have a baby face, to the point that most people think that I am only 14 or 15.

I don't wear stuff with things plastered all across it, you don't see hollister or anything across my chest or butt.

I dress just like everyone else my age.

You'll typically see me in leggings with either plain vneck shirts or one fitted tank top with a loose one over it, or ill do that with jeans or shorts. I don't dress any differently than my friends who are my age.

I do my hair and style it, I wear make-up, I wear jewelry.

Still most people think I am like 14-15 years old, no matter what I do.

How do I shed the baby face?
How do I turn this around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 11:24 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I'm 23, ill be 24 in a few months, I'm 5'3" and only about 110.
I still have a baby face, to the point that most people think that I am only 14 or 15.

I don't wear stuff with things plastered all across it, you don't see hollister or anything across my chest or butt.

I dress just like everyone else my age.

You'll typically see me in leggings with either plain vneck shirts or one fitted tank top with a loose one over it, or ill do that with jeans or shorts. I don't dress any differently than my friends who are my age.

I do my hair and style it, I wear make-up, I wear jewelry.

Still most people think I am like 14-15 years old, no matter what I do.

How do I shed the baby face?
How do I turn this around?

I was the same way. When I was eighteen, I looked fifteen. When I was tweny four, I looked 18-19. I have always looked much youngert than I am. It will eventually work for your favor. Just give it time. Most likely when you're forty, you'll look thirty. So, it might seem hopeless now, but trust me in the long run you will benefit. I knew this girl in highschool, who was just like me. She was just so young looking. I ran into her about a year ago, and I would have never guessed it. She now looks like the best looking girl that was in my grade. She just had to grow into herself. Most likely when you do, you will see guys coming out of the woodwork. Girls who were consisdered the "pretty ones" then, now don't look that great..I am not saying that every girl who was attractive in highschool got much homelier..I'm just saying that in the particular highschool I went too, many of the few who were good looking. Aren't so much now..

Last edited by supermanpansy; 05-06-2013 at 12:12 PM..

Old 05-06-2013, 12:46 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,632,658 times
You are about the same height and weight as my wife. I guess that I can understand your wanting to look older/more mature at your age. But the wrinkles and sags will come with time. Enjoy your "baby face". Act mature and be mature (not saying that you don't) and people will see that you are older and wiser than you look.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:40 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,745,349 times
I know you won't want to hear it but I need to repeat what others have said. You will eventually appreciate it! My wife has a similar face, she is 37 and STILL gets carded for alcohol. When she was 34 she would get carded for cigarettes! It used to bug her but the older she gets, the more she appreciates it.

On the other hand, I always had a more "mature" face, so much so that I could easily get into bars and clubs at age 15, 16. When I was in middle school, people thought I was in college! I don't think I look "old" at 41 but I am certainly not getting carded for alcohol these days and I would love to have looked "too young" before instead of being able to drink and get into bars long before I was legal.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:48 PM

I just hate getting carded still for everything, movies, cigs, alcohol, you name it.
And people often ask if my boyfriend is my father, were three years apart.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:39 AM

2,569 posts, read 7,745,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I just hate getting carded still for everything, movies, cigs, alcohol, you name it.
And people often ask if my boyfriend is my father, were three years apart.
I bet it is even worse for your boyfriend! Seriously, I've been there. On his side I mean. A friend's kid, about 5 years old at the time, and referring to my WIFE (we're just 5 years apart and at the time she was probably 30) said to me "Hey, why do you let your kid smoke?" when she saw her outside smoking a cigarette.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:23 AM

He doesn't even look old.
Next person that asks that question I'm going to respond with do you always ask such moronic questions? Or are you kidding me?

Old 05-07-2013, 06:40 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,117,272 times
don't fret about it too much. my wife's daughter is almost 31 y/o and she looks like she is 18-19. her friends tell her that they are jealous because she looks so young for her age and they wish they looked as good. as you get older, you'll appreciate your youthful appearance....

Old 05-07-2013, 07:06 AM

I just feel like there might be a way to cut my hair, change my make-up, and clothes in such a way that it doesn't physically change anything but just makes me look a few years older.

If I was really desperate, I'd get lipo or the baby fat and little pudge I do have left, breast implants and I'd have them do something to my face to make my cheeks not so baby like, maybe better cheekbones. I'm not that desperate though so ill stick to hair, clothes and make-up to try and make me look older. I just don't know what to do in those areas that I haven't already done yet.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:58 AM

631 posts, read 1,072,714 times
A U2 song immediately jumped to my mind. It is called Baby Face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty