Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 09:07 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times

Advertisements

The styles you are describing sound very youthful. It doesn't matter if you are "skinny."

Pay attention to your accessories and how you are pairing things. You may want to keep in mind the rule about only showing one feature at a time. If you are wearing short shorts and a tank top, that is too bare. Show your legs or cleavage, but not both at the same time.

Pair your shorts with a dressier top to look more polished. Skip the runner flip flops when going out unless you at the pool.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 09:15 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,032,217 times
Who cares?????!!!!

Old 06-10-2013, 09:17 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexuslover View Post
Hi everyone I was told that the way I dress is too slutty and inappropriate. I just have to say that I don't have kids and I am skinny so why can't I wear short shorts with a 2 inch inseam or high waisted shorts. I also like to wear skinny jeans with tank tops, but I usually wear flat sandals. I rarely ever wear heels. In the summer I like to wear maxi dresses and shorts with tank tops, but I don't think clothes like that is inappropriate. I only dress like this on the weekends and for work I wear a uniform.

Dress how you want to no matter what others think. Do you think you dress like a tramp? More than likely you don't and having children and being skinny has no baring on the truth about you dressing like a tramp. The reality of the situation is you dress as you feel is appropriate, whether it actually is or not is up to you to decide.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:48 AM

6 posts, read 39,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The styles you are describing sound very youthful. It doesn't matter if you are "skinny."

Pay attention to your accessories and how you are pairing things. You may want to keep in mind the rule about only showing one feature at a time. If you are wearing short shorts and a tank top, that is too bare. Show your legs or cleavage, but not both at the same time.

Pair your shorts with a dressier top to look more polished. Skip the runner flip flops when going out unless you at the pool.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
No I don't wear rubber flip flops with my shorts. I usually wear Sam Edelman gigis

Old 06-10-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohsocool View Post
High waisted shorts are for teenagers IMO.
But my body looks better than most teenagers. High waisted shorts are pretty cheeky though.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:54 AM

Ashley Tisdale is the same age as me and she still wears short shorts and high waisted shorts.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:58 AM

393 posts, read 783,344 times
I'm with everyone else who said who cares? I'm your age and I wear what I want to wear. The fact that women who wear normal things are sometimes described as slutty is ridiculous. Maybe if you wear a stripper outfit or one of those bikini-type things on a normal day out, you'd want to rethink it. Otherwise, wear the short shorts and whatever else.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:34 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,816 times
Don't give other people power to say how to dress. Dress as you feel suits you best. If you need a change, make a change. If you enjoy of your current style, continue enjoying

Old 06-10-2013, 08:29 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
Why is there even a division between young and more 'mature' styles? Aside from variations in body type...then again, i guess no one wants to see a 50 year old overweight women in cellulite in short shorts.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:41 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,716,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexuslover View Post
Hi everyone I was told that the way I dress is too slutty and inappropriate. I just have to say that I don't have kids and I am skinny so why can't I wear short shorts with a 2 inch inseam or high waisted shorts. I also like to wear skinny jeans with tank tops, but I usually wear flat sandals. I rarely ever wear heels. In the summer I like to wear maxi dresses and shorts with tank tops, but I don't think clothes like that is inappropriate. I only dress like this on the weekends and for work I wear a uniform.
I'm always a little suspicious of posters with only six posts wanting to talk about dressing "slutty." There are a lot of weirdos on the Internet. My guess is you're really a guy, albeit a little girl at heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty