Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 06:58 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,769,264 times

Advertisements

I NEVER heard anything about female hormones contributing to bunions!! Genetics, arthritis, tight shoes, etc. yes - hormones? NO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 07:07 PM

44 posts, read 83,889 times
Hi my bunions hurt, but the sandals don't hurt my bunion because the strap goes across my toes and u can see my bunion sticking out. I have a tailors bunion which is a bunion near the baby toe. So it doesn't look like a normal bunion near the big toe.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I NEVER heard anything about female hormones contributing to bunions!! Genetics, arthritis, tight shoes, etc. yes - hormones? NO
Yeah it's mostly genetic because my dad and siblings have tailors bunions too. It also doesn't help that I use to squeeze my feet into tiny shoes.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:11 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,769,264 times
I have a something (can't remember what they called it, not a bunion) that is on TOP of my big toe joint - I also have fibromyalgia so I am putting off surgery as long as I possibly can. I also have ugly feet, long, skinny toes - I just try to buy shoes that 1 - I can wear and walk in comfortably, and 2 - don't show it so much. I hadn't heard of tailor's bunion until reading some of these threads but that doesn't sound like a horrible thing to me. Just make sure you don't have horrible dry, scaly skin, overgrown cuticles, too long nails, etc. and wear what you like.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:20 PM

No my feet look nice and soft and I don't have any corns it's just that I have these tailors bunions. I wear sandals all the time it's just that these particular sandals that I bought emphasizes my bunions more.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:13 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,948,595 times
What are your doing looking at my feet, anyway?

I don't usually wear sandals because I don't find them to be very comfortable - at least, not the current styles. I used to have a couple of pair that I liked but they aren't in fashion and we know how that goes.

I wore heels all my life and don't have bunions, so I can't say if I'd wear sandals despite having misshapen feet. If a person's general appearance is clean and tidy, I don't notice feet.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:41 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,350,941 times
Looks like this is a tailors Bunion. I don't think I remember having ever seen one of these, and I imagine the one I am linking to is probably a bit more severe.

Google Image Result for http://www.myfootshop.com/images/medical/ortho/tailors_bunion_mod.jpg

Old 06-18-2013, 08:57 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,097,706 times
No, No, No, No!

I would not do it. Of course, I'm a man so I don't wear sandals. When I see women wearing them with bunions (or other crap) protruding from their feet it gives me the shivers. I've seen so many women with horribly misshapen toes wearing awful shoes that accentuated their toes.

No disrespect to women. God made them beautiful, but the women I saw doing this usually looked like they had personally deformed their foot through years of foot abuse. I'm not a "foot guy", but I can tell when it looks like a foot has suffered from someone wanting to wear "stylish" things that did not fit the human form. Shoes that hurt feet are NOT sexy. Shoes that show off something that could use a doctor's attention are ultra-not-sexy.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:00 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,097,706 times
Note: In the post directly above mine there is a link to a bunion. The bunion, while not attractive, was not the star of that photo. The toes that had not been cared for what-so-ever looked like the real victim. In regular sandals that didn't draw attention to the feet, I would not notice a tailor's bunion. Those toes needed some attention though. As a man, I don't pluck my eye brows. I also don't attach an arrow to my face that draws extra attention to a few hairs that are out of place.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:07 PM

My bunion doesn't look like that one in the pic and that guys feet is so gross and dry. I'm gonna google a pic that kind of look like mines when I get home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty