Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 06:26 PM

937 posts, read 1,135,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
Actually, if you are from northern Italy or Europe, lighter is the "classic" Italian look.

The "classic" Italian look you reference is the American version based upon the immigrants who arrived in this country who were from the lower socio-economic side of Italy and Europe and typically much darker skinned.
I have ventured to Europe and I spent time in Italy. I noticed that many of the lighter "Italians" were often mixed with English, Swedish, Nordic etc. They didn't have two ethnic Italian parents.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:29 PM

445 posts, read 864,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Your post started off good, but then it kind of deteriorated (in my opinion). You act as though it's a bad thing that white women are attracted to white men. If a woman doesn't find darker skin or (in the case of your black female friend) white skin attractive, that's completely her right.

Many people simply prefer to date their own ethnic group. It may seem closed minded, but they may simply be more comfortable with what is familiar to them.

Perhaps some people are interested in interracial dating, but let's not forget that not everyone is going to be interested in someone from a different background, skin color or ethnicity and that's their right.
Thank you for these comments. I felt something was off here too and you got it. Perish the thought that most white women might like white men! So much anguish comes off their posts. They'll never be able to get the white woman of their dreams!

Old 07-09-2013, 06:31 PM

484 posts, read 761,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking 4 Help View Post
...never seen a White woman with an Asian, Indian, Hispanic, or Middle Eastern husband/boyfriend.

eh, I am of Irish heritage, my husband is Egyptian and we are in the south.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
Thank you for these comments. I felt something was off here too and you got it. Perish the thought that most white women might like white men! So much anguish comes off their posts. They'll never be able to get the white woman of their dreams!
My point to the OP is, he doesn't need to go after white women to find a hot chick. I'm sure there are plenty of Arab or Indian hot girls on campus that will understand him better, because they share similar cultures and values.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamatem View Post
eh, I am of Irish heritage, my husband is Egyptian and we are in the south.
Are you blond by any chance?

Old 07-09-2013, 06:38 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
That's your first mistake. Realize that this is the net, and many people make up all sorts of things for entertainment or for a host of other reasons.
Which is why it's so unimportant to worry myself if someone is lying about something that doesn't affect me.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
My point to the OP is, he doesn't need to go after white women to find a hot chick. I'm sure there are plenty of Arab or Indian hot girls on campus that will understand him better, because they share similar cultures and values.
But he wants the most sought-after girls. It's important to him to 'score' with them.

The Indian girls are on some other forum wondering why their hot Indian classmate won't look twice at them

Old 07-09-2013, 06:43 PM

66 posts, read 70,669 times
ya I am not sticking to dating minorities

I struggle with White girls in the Atlanta area and want to know other than breaking into the greek crowd what I can do to be with them and hook up with them. You say looks aren't the issue but I want to know how to break down the barrier, I am determined to find out. An attractive Blonde is indeed the kind of woman I want and all these comments insulting them isn't going to stop me. So unless your next comment is about where in the USA I can move to date these kinds of girls assuming I have other things to offer than looks, you are just wasting your time on this thread.

I heard Minnesota might be a good pick from what I read.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Are you blond by any chance?
Probably not 21 and in a sorority.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Which is why it's so unimportant to worry myself if someone is lying about something that doesn't affect me.
I have encountered a number of Indian men that were obsessed with skin color, therefore I know first hand how some of them are (especially the darker ones).

This is not to say that all of them are fixated on hair color and skin color, but again, a sizable group of them are like this, because in their native country, dark skin is viewed as low class. They want to be with a white woman, particularly a blond (because she is viewed as the epitome of whiteness).

Anyhow, the picture just doesn't add up with his sob story (in my opinion).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty