Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 05:26 PM

515 posts, read 625,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Yes, you are right about that. I'm a professional/career woman. Honestly, as I have stated, the guy in the second pic looks bisexual. Perhaps bi guys are in with the UGA girls, but that's a no-go in my book and that alone makes him very unappealing.

The guy in the first pic looks masculine and that is attractive to a straight woman.
I agree with you but "white" southern sorority girls in college still flock to the boy band look until they get a little bit older and wiser. The "bisexual" is fun at parties and will stop at third base. The guy in the first pic might not take no for an answer!!!

Old 07-09-2013, 05:30 PM

3,736 posts, read 5,785,536 times
Your friend has a more flattering hairstyle, and his eyebrows have not been "shaped". So, of course he will be seen as more attractive.

IMHO, you both have lips that have too much shape, and eyes that are too 'expressive'. I personally like men who look more stoic. You have a better neck than does he.

Slender men of Mediterranean heritage, to me, need long hair and beards, to look good.

Anyway, your friend has a very underdeveloped body. Bodies are vastly more important than faces. If you work out, you will soon eclipse him where attractiveness goes. And if he loses his hair, nobody will look at him twice.

My sons aren't white, either. And even though DH and I have little ski-slope bunnyrabbit noses, our kids turned out with very substantial noses. But they have huge, hulking bodies (growing up in a fitness-obsessed family has its rewards). Their bad coloring has not been an impediment. They do have bamabangs, though, which work quite well. They only sleep with blondes, and only with blondes in good degree programs and from good families. They are attractive enough to be able to not even consider girls who wear makeup or have skanky painted fingernails. They chose schools out here, partly because they thought that girls in the South looked like a bunch of hookers (the makeup... the pink toenails... ).

So yes!!! You CAN be more attractive than your friend. It's just about putting in the gym-time and packaging yourself right.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:33 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,598,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking 4 Help View Post
because I am mostly surrounded by White women so to ignore them means I significantly lower my chances of scoring

and yes I do think a guy who is ethnic and takes care of himself should have a fair shot at dating all races, including White women

do you feel animosity towards darker men that date White females?
What is your ethnicity?

Old 07-09-2013, 05:34 PM

937 posts, read 1,136,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
Yes, I previously wrote the blond/blue combo isn't neccesarily more attractive than the brown/brown combo but it many times is more rare in certain circles and therefore may recieve more initial compliments as the OP first alluded to.

My numbers are not correct but my point is remaining youthful does not equate to attractiveness or remaining attractive. Ugly is ugly even if it is youthful. That being said, non white does not equal ugly. No correlation at all. The thing is, if you are initially attracted to someone with light pigmentation and stay with them past 30 years of age and beyond, it doesn't matter if they age more than they would have if they had darker pigmentation because you are still attracted to them regardless of aging.

Now if i were lining up and picking 10 non whites and 10 whites at 90 years of age...
ok, but typically what I've observed is, without the botox, those with very pale skin tend to begin aging in their 30s. I notice that even white women with darker complexions tend to remain youthful far longer than the Nordic pale-blond-blue type women.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:39 PM

515 posts, read 625,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Your friend has a more flattering hairstyle, and his eyebrows have not been "shaped". So, of course he will be seen as more attractive.

IMHO, you both have lips that have too much shape, and eyes that are too 'expressive'. I personally like men who look more stoic. You have a better neck than does he.

Slender men of Mediterranean heritage, to me, need long hair and beards, to look good.

Anyway, your friend has a very underdeveloped body. Bodies are vastly more important than faces. If you work out, you will soon eclipse him where attractiveness goes. And if he loses his hair, nobody will look at him twice.

My sons aren't white, either. But they have huge, hulking bodies. Their bad coloring has not been an impediment. They do have bamabangs, though, which work quite well. They only sleep with blondes, and only with blondes in good degree programs and from good families. They are attractive enough to be able to not even consider girls who wear makeup or have skanky painted fingernails. They chose schools out here, because they thought that the girls at Ole Miss looked like a bunch of hookers (the makeup... the pink toenails... )

So yes!!! You CAN be more attractive than your friend. It's just about putting in the gym-time and packaging yourself right.
"They have huge, hulking bodies and they only sleep with blondes in good degree programs and from good families and do not consider girls who wear make up or have "skanky" painted fingernails because they look like hookers?" Good thing these blonde sluts from good schools and families overlook your sons' bad coloring!

"Bodies are vastly more important than faces?" Yes, if your a pack mule.

"Bamabangs"???

Old 07-09-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:

My sons aren't white, either. And even though DH and I have little ski-slope bunnyrabbit noses, our kids turned out with very substantial noses. But they have huge, hulking bodies (growing up in a fitness-obsessed family has its rewards). Their bad coloring has not been an impediment. They do have bamabangs, though, which work quite well. They only sleep with blondes, and only with blondes in good degree programs and from good families. They are attractive enough to be able to not even consider girls who wear makeup or have skanky painted fingernails. They chose schools out here, partly because they thought that girls in the South looked like a bunch of hookers (the makeup... the pink toenails... ).

Nevermind...Carry on.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:41 PM

148 posts, read 188,442 times
Quote:
Bodies are vastly more important than faces

on what planet? certainly not Earth.........

body u can easily change with proper diet

face, you are stuck with what you have other than lowering bodyfat but even that only helps to a certain extent

Old 07-09-2013, 05:44 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,598,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
Admit it... If it's white, it's right. You just can't get it. Sucks for you. Actually, regardless of skin color, people are people. What you are saying is not true, though. I was in Atlanta for awhile after college and I am Italian and can be confused for Hispanic. I am considered "exotic" by my "white" friends. However, I have dated the whitest of white in Atlanta and elsewhere because I am easy going, educated and well rounded and sincerely interested in other people.

You are holding yourself back and perhaps these "white" women can see right through you. I imagine any woman worth her salt that has real options would see right through you as well. Until you drop your own self insecurities and self interests you are going to keep getting struck down by quality women regardless of which city you are in.
Italian is white, and hispanics are not discriminated against as much by white women in terms of dating.

He is correct that is is rare to see white women with asian, Indian, Arab, etc.

I can't speak to Asian, but Arab men are obsessed with white women, especially blonde. I think that Indian men are too.

We are a status symbol.

SO, if you are seeking status symbols, you cannot complain that white women are too, and Indian is not it.

You are hot, though, and when you get older it will be easier imo no matter where you are, but at your age, yeah, somewhere other than the south/southwest.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:47 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,209,776 times
You are good looking. Maybe you should consider living in a different part of the country.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But you have to keep in mind that college women aren't that far from their teenage years where they probably had crushes on people like Robert Pattinson and Zac Efron, who aren't exactly the Rock.

I think where the OP went wrong is going to a college that has a huge Greek social life, when with a bit of research beforehand he might have learned that his community college background was going to keep him from participating.
I don't care for his movies but, Robert Pattison is attractive (in my opinion). He kind of reminds me of Jason Priestly from the 90210 show (way back when). I wasn't sure who Zac Efron is, so I googled him. He has a metro/bi sexual look, and that's a huge turn off to me. But I guess some college aged girls have very different opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty