Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 03:03 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times

Advertisements

I like variety so no - I don't repeat work outfits too often. Dresses, skirts, pants, casual … I mix it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 03:08 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
I am 64, and my wardrobe is very limited because I want it that way. I have about 10 pairs of jeans, about 10 summer casual tops, and 10 winter casual tops ( I wear jeans 90% of the time, at least); I have about six nicer summer vacation outfits (and two swimsuits); and I have one dress for summer dress-up and one dress for winter dress-up. I have two pairs of sandals, two pairs of deck-type shoes, one pair of sandals, one pair of pumps, and one pair of hiking boots. I have one lightweight jacket, one parka, and one winter dressy jacket.

Except for socks, underwear, and pantyhose, that's it!

Old 08-20-2020, 11:50 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,571,179 times
Tee shirts, graphic tie dye tees, polos, 4 pairs skinny Jean's, bunches of leggings, basketball and cargo shorts. Retired and own no fancy duds. Asics running shoes and Skechers and sandals. Still wearing Crocs and jonesing for a classic pair of Birkenstocks. I like lightweight thin clothing. To me the legging is my favorite and I have drawers of them on hold in case the stores quit selling them.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:38 AM

4,942 posts, read 3,316,689 times
I am 60 and home due to heart failure etc. Wardrobes here or not big just like 1 mtr width and have to fit all seasons.I only go outside for medical appointments. Here one dresses nice/fine/elegant to go see dr. Last week we had heatwave.I had to visit hospital check-up etc. Dress standard was way down at cardiology. Had light summer dress cotton/linen, silk scarf draped over shoulders.

I usually wear dresses at home maxi in winter and midi in cooler months. Capri pants with tops. Have 2 shorts just above knees and shaped that when standing still it looks like a skirt.Skirt and top. Wear scarfs indoors as I have cold/chilly shoulders often.

I do have some old for gardening paint house clothes but should bin those. As is years ago had to give up gardening, paint house etc. I still do my own housekeeping and I still cook. I hand sew aprons of quilt fabrics and use those to cover/protect clothes.
I am down to 2 skirts, one winter knit and 1 cotton for summer need to find some new ones online. I can not go to shops.
So I depend 100% on online shops.

There is very little fashion,no nice colors, for ladies of 60 and over.
Yesterday bought 2 white cotton tops and a simple white cotton dress. A scarf for fall. Now I continue search online for a few new fall clothes to wear.
I sometimes mailorder at www.bader.de they ship to several other EU countries.

Old 08-23-2020, 06:16 PM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Overall, I have a TON of clothing, but YES, I've worn about 15-20 of the same articles of clothing these days that are the most comfortable. I don't have to go to a job, so anything I wear is just casual going out to the store or walking in the park.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:18 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,085,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
When I worked, I wore the exact same clothes everyday. The only exception was summer I could wear short sleeve shirt, winter was long sleeve shirt and a tie.

Now I'm retired I wear mostly jeans, tshirts in summer or jeans long sleeve plaid shirts in winter.
One of the advantages of military or police work You don't need to agonize over what to wear to work, that is pre-determined.

Old 08-23-2020, 11:05 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
If I don't really get dressed and leave home one day, I might wear something (probably pants) again the next day. That's occasional during this pandemic. Other than that, no, it takes away the fun of clothing diversity.

Old 08-24-2020, 02:31 PM

339 posts, read 148,657 times
Most clothes in the stores today are poor quality, have ugly patterns and fabric also. NO THANKS!
So, yeah, I tend to wear the same types of clothes every day. Loose pants and long skirts, a bit bigger tops and sweaters. It's still very much summer here so much cooler clothes staying around for about a month more.

We really only have 2-3 seasons here, winter is pretty mild, summer and fall are pretty warm, extreme and the spring is warmer than the winter! No need to impress anyone in a pandemic anyhow.

I do enjoy wearing the same things because I am a creature of habit in most areas of life!

Last edited by FierceKaia; 08-24-2020 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: formatting

Old 08-24-2020, 03:14 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,272,279 times
I wear the same things to work and a different set of same things at home, and another set of same things for running errands. Every now and then I look to add something into the mix, but that can be tough due to ugly/poor quality choices as FierceKaia mentioned above. I can mix/match though I admit I tend to favor certain combinations (the whole creature of habit thing ).

Old 08-25-2020, 05:08 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,404,431 times
I do at times. I never thought summer here was going to be very hot, so I didn’t bring over any sleeveless t shirts other than what I wear to the gym and bed. Turns out the summer has been getting hotter year after year so I had to buy more sleeveless T shirts. Still don’t have enough to cover a week of 90+ weather though, so I have to reuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty