Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 06:52 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,605,097 times

Advertisements

Love my bathrobe! In my house, I get up and fix coffee and breakfast while the shower is in use. Eat breakfast together, then I go get my shower. After I dry off, I put my robe back on and do my hair and makeup, check emails, etc., and put on my work clothes just before stepping out the door to go to the office. If I have a lot of errands to do on the way home from work, I often change back into my robe for the rest of the evening once I do get home. I sleep nude, so I just drape the robe over the foot of the bed and grab it in the morning when I go to fix coffee and breakfast...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 11:40 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times
I love my robe, too. Here in San Francisco the weather can be chilly almost all year round, and pajamas aren't enough to keep you warm. My robe is cozy and comfortable when I'm lounging around watching TV or drinking coffee at the breakfast table. If I have to answer the doorbell, I feel much more presentable when I'm wearing it:

Zip-Front Velour Robe | TOG Shop

(Mine is the same color as the one in the photo, though the blue is a few shades lighter than it appears here.)

Old 08-01-2013, 06:17 PM

2,637 posts, read 12,633,921 times
Using a towel to dry off after a shower never gets me completely dry, it's way too humid in the bathroom from the steam. I HATE putting clothes on over damp skin, it feels so icky. So I put on my nice bathrobe and go sit on the couch and have a cup of coffee while the air conditioning dries me the rest of the way. My cat LOVES the bathrobe and can hardly wait to come snuggle with me whenever she sees me wearing it. That alone is reason enough to wear one regularly.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:33 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
In my old house, the bathroom was on the first floor and my bedroom on the second floor. Dashing up the stairs with only a towel wrapped around me would have been difficult, not to mention risky to my modesty, considering that the dining room curtains were usually open and my neighbor's kitchen window and back door only five feet away ...

Old 08-02-2013, 12:04 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Some of the posts in this particular forum never cease to amaze me.
I should use a towel instead of a Bathrobe? Really? A towel won't keep my torso warm. Nor will it stay wrapped around me if I actually, you know, move around the house.

/lame.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:26 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
I buy beach towels on sale at the end of the summer for showers. So they are big, but I wouldn't go wandering about the house in just one of those. Not only that but if its cold it won't help too much. Somehow even if you cover everything a towel just makes you look like your showing off more than you should.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:28 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I've often wondered what the real need for bathrobes were...I mean isn't a towel enough to cover your modesty if you need to leave the bathroom? Is it just to look a bit more fashionable? Seems sorta lazy too, I mean I think of bathrobes as for people who are too lazy to put on proper clothes but want to walk around the clothes nude or with undies underneath.
And the problem with people feeling that way at times would be.....

Also, most women love their bathrobes. Some of us are expected to wear face paint to our places of work and a bathrobe saves your good clothes from getting covered in makeup during application.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:54 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
The only robe I ever really loved wearing, was a HUGE FAT THICK heavy turkish cotton terrycloth robe that came with our suite when we went on our honeymoon cruise.

It was totally impractical though. The sleeves were so long I had to cuff them up - and then the cuffs were so thick that I couldn't put my arms all the way down at my sides. Every time I tried to do the dishes, the cuffs would unfold, and the sleeves would get soaked with soapy dirty water. If I tried to type, they'd get in my way or worse - the tie (it was an unattached rope of terrycloth that just wrapped around the thing) would loosen (there was NO way you could bow the thing) and it would fall open and I might as well not be wearing anything at all, then. I couldn't walk to the mailbox and back wearing it, because it would fall open.

It was cozy warm though when I could manage to keep it draped around me.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:52 AM

438 posts, read 660,631 times
Thanks everyone, I wondered about robes too!

Old 04-04-2019, 10:59 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,963,548 times
I wear a long bathrobe either right out of the shower when I'm wet and naked underneath, or right before and after the pool

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-05-2019 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: TMI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty