Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 03:30 PM

117 posts, read 202,077 times

Advertisements

in your neck of the woods right now in 2013?

Here I still see it...after how many years? 10? 15?

And now there is a new fad where the sagger has on skinny jeans but still hanging most of his azzzzz out so the public gets the "privilege" of seeing his ratty Fruit of the Looms!

What really takes the cake for me was when I saw a dewd with his butt hanging out and his briefs were dingy-dirty and full of HOLES!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 04:20 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,162,988 times
True story, about two weeks ago:

I was in line at Family Dollar. Family (mom, dad, lil girl and lil boy) were in front of me. Kids were acting up and mom kept yelling at them: Put that away! You can't have that! Pull your pants up!

"Pull your pants up!" was directed, repeatedly, at the little boy, he was maybe four years old.
The kicker: His dad (or at any rate, the adult male in the group) had his pants down to the bottom of his butt crack with boxers hanging out and was holding on to his junk for life so everything wouldn't puddle around his ankles. He could only use one hand to carry, discipline, pay, or function in general. Because his left hand was clutched non-stop around his crotch keeping his pants from falling all the way down. Or maybe just to prove to everyone else in the dollar store that he HAD a crotch, who knows.

But meanwhile the little boy was being yelled at by his mom repeatedly to keep his pants pulled up! Poor wee guy. He was just doing what he saw his dad do!

Yep, in Genesee county MI, sagging and bagging and constantly clutching your crotch for dear life, as if it's going to scurry away and leave you nekkid and unmanly , is still in style. I see this on a daily basis.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:28 PM

Default Thanks for sharing--totally know what you mean...

LOL...

Why do these men think that this is cool or that a woman would find it sexy? Their legs look stubby when the clown pants bag like that. I always say that they look like babies with loads in their diapers.

And the grabbing the crotch thing is the best. I chuckle and shake my head when I see a dude running across the street trying to keep his pants up by grabbing his crotch. So special...

Old 08-14-2013, 04:42 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
I really do think that tickets should be issued for public lewdness when a police officer spots a sagging waistline . iim tired of seeing it and so is everyone else in my social circle . man up and use a belt for Gods sake and the rest of us who have to see your butt crack everyday .

Old 08-14-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I really do think that tickets should be issued for public lewdness when a police officer spots a sagging waistline . iim tired of seeing it and so is everyone else in my social circle . man up and use a belt for Gods sake and the rest of us who have to see your butt crack everyday .
The strange thing is that how is this not indecent exposure? I have seen the pants literally hanging off the butt. It's so wretched and for children and old people to have to be exposed (pardon the pun) to this is just disgusting.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:59 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,162,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditi Jyoti View Post
The strange thing is that how is this not indecent exposure? I have seen the pants literally hanging off the butt. It's so wretched and for children and old people to have to be exposed (pardon the pun) to this is just disgusting.
I think it is more retarded than disgusting....but then I am OK with scantily-clad obese people, or those with unshaven legs and backs, etc, than your average person. I'm OK with gross bodies (or even beautiful bodies) being exposed in public.

But I do think sagging looks STUPID beyond belief, and whether peoples' bodies are gross or beautiful, I reserve my right to comment on them! As long as Sears catalogs, Victoria's Secret, Michelangelo's David, Guernica and other works of art or commerce are allowed in public domain, as are scantily-clad models of both sexes (and quite rightly so) then so should stupidly-dressed teenagers.

I abhor the whole look, but I see more explicit definition in Banana Republic or J.Crew ads.

Perhaps the solution is for Western people (myself included!) to relax and ignore stupid fashion and trends.

It's just body parts and clothing. Things that have been a part of US culture since the turn of the last century. Sears underwear and constipation ads from the early 1900s are not that appealing either, I guess. But we managed to survive those too.

Old 08-14-2013, 05:05 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Fortunately that trend never really caught on here.

Old 08-14-2013, 05:22 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditi Jyoti View Post
in your neck of the woods right now in 2013?

Here I still see it...after how many years? 10? 15?

And now there is a new fad where the sagger has on skinny jeans but still hanging most of his azzzzz out so the public gets the "privilege" of seeing his ratty Fruit of the Looms!

What really takes the cake for me was when I saw a dewd with his butt hanging out and his briefs were dingy-dirty and full of HOLES!
I don't see it so much here anymore and I see, literally, hundreds of people every day. Some of the younger guys still do but not nearly as many as I saw, say, three years ago. I used to wish I could be like Samantha on Bewitched and wiggle my nose to make their pants fall. Then when they bent over to pull them up I'd wiggle my nose again so they couldn't straighten up! Wonder what they'd do! lol

Personally I think they are ridiculous but I don't care how other people dress.

Old 08-14-2013, 05:37 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Well, out here on the LEFT coast i'm seeing more and more young guys (late teens early 20's) with super skinny skin tight jegging jeans (in bright colors) like what Justin Bieber wears, low slung, cinched tightly with a belt below their butt cheeks showin' off their tidy wydees. Seriously! They look so funny, and can't help gimping along like penguins because it's impossible to take a stride when your pants are choked up tightly around your thighs. Hilarious!

Old 08-14-2013, 06:04 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,045 times
I don't care much what others wear either, but I don't see why a person can't wear their clothing - as in pull up their pants and wear them correctly. What's next, wearing your bra around your waist LOL. It's one thing to follow trends, but walking around looking like you don't know how to put your clothes on and showing your butt, dirty underwear with holes doesn't seem like a nice trend but just dirty, laziness... or like you just don't know how to get dressed. I dunno, just my opinion. If it hinders you in walking or functioning, that just seems ridiculous. Surely you can find another look you enjoy without hindering your movements? Odd to me, but hey whatever floats your boat I guess!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty