Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 08:17 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,853,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I have been approached by 3 women in my life. I dated one and rejected the other 2. But I still feel unattractive to women. How would feel if you thought every woman was out of your league?
Without knowing anything else about you, I'd say you could be average to somewhat above and that could be true.

I know guys who aren't bad looking who have NEVER been approached by women. By any type. Ever. I have not been approached either, but I'm probably somewhat lesser than average. You typically have to be a 8 or higher as a guy to have any kind of critical mass of females approaching you. And even then, you still need a little SWAG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 08:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,322,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It's a mind set.You are capable of getting any kind of woman.
I agree with you. But the fear of rejection in me is a ***** (excuse my language). Part of wants to approach every attractive woman I see, but then I start sweating profusely and my heart feels like it's going to jump out my chest.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:30 PM

66 posts, read 83,376 times
Not that i don't think i'm the ****, but ladies if you interested i would not mind getting some feedback on my profile pics.....

Old 08-25-2014, 09:00 PM

7,453 posts, read 13,444,206 times
I think some in this thread have been too harsh on the OP. Good looking people who are celebs have it much different to good looking people who aren't celebs. Celebs are constantly being told and reaffirmed that they are physically attractive.

Some people who aren't celebs don't get anywhere near that feedback. And many have lots of doubts.
I've dated some pretty hot girls who have a lot of doubts in that respect. You would be surprised. And the same applies for both genders.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:01 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,222,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Bingo.

If there's any history of the gays coming onto you (hahh...), then you're probably good enough to get by. They're notoriously shallow about that kind of stuff.
I wouldn't say that. I get hit on by gay guys (and all of my female friends gay friends like me). I always just assumed that because I'm short, they saw me as vulnerable and a potential bottom or something weird like that.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:01 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,758,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
Not that i don't think i'm the ****, but ladies if you interested i would not mind getting some feedback on my profile pics.....
There are no pics in your profile.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
I wouldn't say that. I get hit on by gay guys (and all of my female friends gay friends like me). I always just assumed that because I'm short, they saw me as vulnerable and a potential bottom or something weird like that.
Height doesn't matter as much to gay guys because there's no gender that has to be taller because there's only one gender.

As OP mentioned, there's so many silly gender roles that must be followed, MOST of which are a detriment to men.

So, yes, in a lot of ways it's better to be gay.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
This.

Also, I'll say that a woman is a lot more selective about throwing around the words good looking and handsome than men are. They usually only reserve it for the top guys.

Guys throw around cute and hot like giving away candy on Halloween.
Ehhh somewhat. I have a tall, good-looking friend at work that I hang out with a lot. Just about every girl thinks he's hot or cute. One girl in particular that I was interested in told a mutual friend how cute that guy is. Unfortunately for her, he's the stereotypical good-looking player. I don't want to be second choice so I decided not to try anything with her.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Height doesn't matter as much to gay guys because there's no gender that has to be taller because there's only one gender.

As OP mentioned, there's so many silly gender roles that must be followed, MOST of which are a detriment to men.

So, yes, in a lot of ways it's better to be gay.
Yeah, I guess that's a good point. Well, unfortunately, I'm straight.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Ehhh somewhat. I have a tall, good-looking friend at work that I hang out with a lot. Just about every girl thinks he's hot or cute. One girl in particular that I was interested in told a mutual friend how cute that guy is. Unfortunately for her, he's the stereotypical good-looking player. I don't want to be second choice so I decided not to try anything with her.
That's pretty much exactly what I meant.

I have those friends too. Just about every woman thinks they are good looking.

Meanwhile, I have guy friends who I think are not bad looking who have gotten little to zero attention. Every female friend I have who is not bad looking has gotten interest from at least a few dozen guys.

It's just kind of the way it is.

It changes when you get older though. Those guys are taken off the market, get married and have children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty