Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 05:56 PM

86 posts, read 359,347 times

Advertisements

Seriously, I need some insight from anyone who would like to offer some wise advice . I am not into online dating (sorry but I don't believe in it), don't go to bars or nightclubs, have very few friends , and my life is from work to home, and some random social gatherings (family gatherings or work related) . The story is , that a guy at work , who is single, with no girlfriend, kind, and a good person in general, showed subtle interest in me some time ago. But the guy is extremely, super duper shy, lives with his mother, is in his late thirties, and seems that has no interest in any kind of commitment from what i have gathered. Anyways, it has become a bit frustrating, but I also believe that when something is meant to be, it happens. What do you guys think???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 06:01 PM

732 posts, read 1,045,234 times
Grab the bull by the balls, so to speak.

Invite him out to a nice restaurant and be sure to offer to pay. Don't be afraid, it's easy. Guys do it all the time.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:16 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Guys/girls: need some good advice, how to find a nice guy with good intentions

If anyone here knew the answer to that - this forum would be a ghost town.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:33 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,387,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

I disagree that everyone posts here because they are a member of the lonely hearts club. But besides, the forum can't even agree on what a "nice guy" is but the rift in the definition really shows between the male and female responses.

There is only one way to really know some one's intentions and that is to travel the distance and really find out. Then again some people say they want one thing and when it is in front of them decide they don't and find a way to sabotage it.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:33 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Honestly, I've busted my heart over these types before, and I think they just want to be left alone. Sure they may kind of like you, but not enough to go for it, which means they're not really into you, sorry to say. And then if you did get a date with him, he'd turn out to be a mama's boy, which would not be a good thing. Honestly, if your life is so dull that you're pinning your hopes on someone who once showed some mild interest, maybe you just need to get out more. Join a dance group or a hiking club or something interest related where there are going to be men and then you won't be chasing Mr. Impossible.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:37 PM

1,975 posts, read 5,210,712 times
I don't know. I would be hesitant to date a girl I worked with. Of course I'm an engineer so that will probably never be an option anyway LOL.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Lakes View Post
I don't know. I would be hesitant to date a girl I worked with. Of course I'm an engineer so that will probably never be an option anyway LOL.

Well Johnny Cash told us about a boy named Sue but yeah, never heard of a girl named Buster or Cleetus.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
But besides, the forum can't even agree on what a "nice guy" is but the rift in the definition really shows between the male and female responses.
A "nice" guy in this context is a "bad" guy who is tamed and ours. In other words, even though we've heard some claims to the contrary from some women married for a long time, this animal can be had for a few years or so if you have sierra's patience, or perhaps longer if you're a masochist. If she's kept him for a lifetime, though, he's likely of a different breed, but his wife likes to pretend he isn't.

Did I answer your question?

Old 12-06-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
A "nice" guy in this context is a "bad" guy who is tamed and ours. In other words, even though we've heard some claims to the contrary from some women married for a long time, this animal can be had for a few years or so if you have sierra's patience, or perhaps longer if you're a masochist. If she's kept him for a lifetime, though, he's likely of a different breed, but his wife likes to pretend he isn't.

Did I answer your question?

Having just stepped out into the cold to get a quick smoke, and now too cold to have useful comprehension, and now suddenly realizing I am out of chocolate and how I might have to brave the cold and get more........no I don't

But....are you trying to say you want a lion king caged and domesticated yet once in a while lets out a roar and shows his animalistic urges and nature at the right moments?

Old 12-06-2010, 08:25 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,639 times
Okay, so I'm going to take a shot and define "nice guy with good intentions": Is that a guy with morals, brains, and integrity who treats you with kindness, respect, and interest, and would never s/crew y/ou over?

You can find the first two, but the "never s/crew y/ou over part" will NEVER be a guarantee in ANY relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships