Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2014, 10:16 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Laughable and pretty indicting compared to what you said about the other guy's pic yesterday.
It's not a great idea to post your pics here unless you know you're good looking..I posted my pic on here once because I was asked to and got only one pity response nobody else said anything the non comments spoke volumes so posting it only confirmed to me I was not attractive and made me feel even worse..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 01:44 PM

326 posts, read 348,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
It was kind of like that for me too. Once you hit a certain age, most people will settle down in waves.

It's kind of sad, but most people over 40 I know don't look to date. They fall into a few camps:

1) (Typically men) who are unattractive and have had little success in their life, so don't see the point in putting in so much effort and going through so much rejection to maybe attract someone who might not even be that good of a match.

2) Women who perhaps have lowered their standards somewhat, but the pool has shrunk massively as well, so they typically won't settle for what is left, and decide to stop putting in effort.

3) People who could date and have high value, but prefer to live a social butterfly type lifestyle, while really not dating.

Divorced people don't really count in that.
Number one is me after everything it doesn't mean anything anymore.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:48 PM

326 posts, read 348,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
It's not a great idea to post your pics here unless you know you're good looking..I posted my pic on here once because I was asked to and got only one pity response nobody else said anything the non comments spoke volumes so posting it only confirmed to me I was not attractive and made me feel even worse..
I want to tell you not to feel bad about that but I know how it feels so just keep ya head up.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:56 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
It was kind of like that for me too. Once you hit a certain age, most people will settle down in waves.

It's kind of sad, but most people over 40 I know don't look to date. They fall into a few camps:

1) (Typically men) who are unattractive and have had little success in their life, so don't see the point in putting in so much effort and going through so much rejection to maybe attract someone who might not even be that good of a match.

2) Women who perhaps have lowered their standards somewhat, but the pool has shrunk massively as well, so they typically won't settle for what is left, and decide to stop putting in effort.

3) People who could date and have high value, but prefer to live a social butterfly type lifestyle, while really not dating.

Divorced people don't really count in that.
There's actually an active dating scene in the 40's, including all kinds of people, not just "high value" ones. There are people who have been focussed on building their careers, and are just getting into dating. There are people who haven't found anyone yet, and are still trying. There are divorced people, looking to try again. And there are a few widowed people, like our NW Girl, recovering from a loss and wanting to find happiness again. Hope knows no age limits.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:57 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
It depends on how you see yourself. Some women will find you hot-others won't pay you any mind.

Like my cousin told my other cousin when they got into an argument.

Cousin 1: You think you're so cute.
Cousin 2: I sure do, because if I don't, nobody else will think it for me.

She is confident, and doesn't need guys to tell her she's hot. Same for men. Some will get lots of women, but doesn't mean they'll always get them.

So, it's just something you have to think. When you look at yourself, do you see a hot guy?

No definite answer. Someone who is stereotypically hot and gets lots of attention will still have someone who thinks they're nothing special.

There's lots of guys, celebs, who get lots of attention from women, and I don't see the appeal.

And vise-versa. Someone who gets limited attention and who many think is eh will have someone who thinks they're hot.

So, you seem like you may very well be a good-looking fellow, but some women you don't do anything for. Not a bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Agreed. I have 1 pic here, but it's in my profile, only friends see. Otherwise, posting pix online is risky because you're bound to have people say every nasty thing about you, or they won't respond, which basically means the same-they had nothing good to say.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:05 PM

66 posts, read 83,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Kinda generic-looking, if you ask me. Average. Try smiling, see what that does for you. It can make a big difference.
I honestly have no problem with this comment, not everyone will find you hot......simple as that

Old 08-26-2014, 04:00 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
I won't post my pic on here. I am not attractive at all. I would always think women are crazy for taking an interest in me. I'm not special.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:06 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Laughable and pretty indicting compared to what you said about the other guy's pic yesterday.
It's funny because I feel the opposite. Memphis is aight but I think Murder after Midnight is pretty cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
If his richard is constantly glazed with kitty sauce he's probably attractive.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...aa/LolWut!.gif

Old 08-26-2014, 04:13 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerr View Post
I want to tell you not to feel bad about that but I know how it feels so just keep ya head up.
Thanks but I've had confirmation on my lack of attractiveness way before that it was just one of many confirmations throughout the internet and real life..

Even recently I liked a lot of pics late one night on tinder while I was drunk..a girl liked me back but I forgot only had baby pics up so she messages me to show a recent pic and after that She didn't respond again lol

It's clear I'm not attractive to women

Old 08-26-2014, 05:09 PM

66 posts, read 83,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
It's funny because I feel the opposite. Memphis is aight but I think Murder after Midnight is pretty cute.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...aa/LolWut!.gif
Why thank you, I appreciate it........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty