Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women Wearing Risqué Halloween Costumes?
Yes, stylish and humorous and sexy 39 50.65%
No, degrading and childish 38 49.35%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 12:55 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
I love Halloween and we throw a costume party at our house every year. But it is often disappointing to go to the costume stores and see the selection. The men & boys section has such a variety of options. The women & girls section is sexy witch, sexy nurse, sexy knight, sexy cat, sexy cop, etc. As if that's all women are for, while men can be all of these different characters.
The "sexy crayon" costume cracks me up: http://www.costumes.net/pink-sexy-crayon-dress.html

I mean, seriously?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 01:00 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
Usually look very tacky and low class.... One may be sexy without looking crass and "trying too hard."

Sexy...

Tacky...

Last edited by Administrator; 01-08-2014 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: copyrights

Old 10-16-2013, 01:10 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
I'm not big into halloween or costumes in general.

However, if they can pull it off then who cares.

It's a freakin' costume and if someone who has to be conservative or buttoned down wants to take 1 night out of the year and put on something "naughty" or "sexy" in an environment where it's completely acceptable then more power to them

Frankly, the attitude that they are asking for trouble, low class, etc is more disturbing than a costume a person chooses to wear.

With that, I do agree that there is an over emphasis on the "sexy" whatever when it comes to womens costumes. They must sell enough of them to have it make sense and even some of our local adult shops advertise non-stop about their costume selection.

Some more advertised and even actual variety would be nice. That doesn't mean you are without options. My sister in law would never squeeze into or desire to wear a "sexy whatever" costume. She did win the costume contest at a local bar though something like 4 out of 5 years defeating all the sexy suits.

Some of the units in my office dress up and none of it is sexy wear. Sometimes it's musicians, sometimes it's characters from TV commercials or a cast from a TV show .... typically lean on pop culture references, although some just go traditional.

All are well done, they have fun with it and it's appropriate for the setting.

That to me is the key - just understand that on halloween what is acceptable and where grows much broader than everyday life ....... it's a whimsical holiday with people in costumes .... let's not overthink this one

Old 10-16-2013, 02:17 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
I say it depends on the situation and person themselves.

For a "religious" or "kid friendly" event, NOPE; but for a fun night at an adults only party, why not?
Exactly.

In my 20s, pre marriage, I always wanted to have s Bare As You Dare Halloween party but the idea never really seemed to catch on partly, I think, because some of my friends were afraid I'd go through with it. So usually we'd just go to a club dressed as "grungy 20 somethings" like every other weekend. This was the 90s; we had lots of flannel.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:37 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Depends on what it's for. Like a previous poster said, if it's an adults-only party, then I think it's acceptable (but bear in mind that you will be judged).

If it's trick-or-treating with kids, perhaps you can tone it down and show some class by wearing something else if you have too.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:13 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,431 times
Nothing wrong at all with the slutty costumes, but then again I buy them at a discount and use them at home for Valentine's Day

I don't really dress up for Halloween, but if I did, I would go all in and do something really scary and disturbing, which isn't necessarily appropriate either, I guess.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:23 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
If they are going to a party of friends, nothing is wrong with it. I know a married couple who wore long underwear simulating skin. They went as Adam and Eve with body parts sewn onto the underwear. They were hilarious.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:33 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
My sister went as a nun one yr and he boyfriend went as a priest and you should have seen the looks they got and everyone thought it was a hoot . I think it cute and funny if done the right way ....just gotta have a sense of humor .

Old 10-16-2013, 03:44 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,849,616 times
My opinion of women wearing risque' Halloween costumes is: I LOVE IT!

Elvira costumes, sexy witch costumes (short skirt, fish net stockings, showing cleavage), naughty nurse outfits. Yeah. It's all good. It's one night a year. Let the ladies have their fun!

A couple years back our office got together for a 'Halloween Happy Hour' at a local restaurant. Some of the ladies in the office surprised the hell out of me by dressing like what I described above. What a contrast from their office clothes!! Actually, the older gals were wearing the risque' get-ups. Wow, oh wow!

-Cheers.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:01 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Usually look very tacky and low class.... One may be sexy without looking crass and "trying too hard."

Sexy...

Tacky...
That isnt tacky when it comes to CoCo. That is actually conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty