Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies only: how comfortable are you when guys (strangers, hot or not) stare at you?
I'm comfortable; it doesn't bother me 6 26.09%
I'm uncomfortable; it bothers me. 14 60.87%
I don't care. 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 05:06 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,121,615 times

Advertisements

I dont mind being glanced at and smiled at . But when it become oggling then it is uncomfortable . I go to the beach and I wear a one piece and some guys still stare and they stare when i go to the pool so I just get up and leave if im uncomfortable . Im not leaving the beach though there is a reason we drive an hour to the beach and that is too enjoy it not get up and leave . so put your eyes back in your head fellas glad we could give you a treat or show now time to go home .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 08:23 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,830,361 times
I don't really STARE at women, I mean I look, but to stare and make it obvious?

Old 10-26-2013, 09:51 AM

9,016 posts, read 13,860,864 times
Some might be staring at you in a bad way,meaning they stare because they don't like you.

Now if they are staring and licking their lips and touching their privates,that's something different and would make anyone uncomfortable.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:48 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,925,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Some might be staring at you in a bad way,meaning they stare because they don't like you.

Now if they are staring and licking their lips and touching their privates,that's something different and would make anyone uncomfortable.
It also depends on what your relationship/interaction has been so far. Like if after a serious flirting session he stares when you leave.....that is awesome.

But random guy on the bus staring and then deciding make obscene gestures well obviously that's terrible.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:22 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,516,627 times
Doesn't bother me a bit. I like to stare,too.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:19 PM

706 posts, read 1,181,697 times
I've been going to my gym long enough (5 years) to know who is attracted to me. I mind it less when those guys stare because I'm used to it. Plus they know and talk to me and my husband, so I consider them to be pretty harmless. Hubby is a big, fairly intimidating looking black man....so none of them would dare try and make a move or get out of pocket.

Now random guy in the grocery store staring is a little more annoying.

I think most women who know they are attractive/have a nice body are less put off by the stares. It happens...

Old 10-26-2013, 02:43 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,234,033 times
I don't mind it at all, as long as I don't feel unsafe - ie. it's not in a dark alley somewhere when I'm alone or something, and/or the guy doesn't give off a rapist-murderer vibe.
I'll even admit that I enjoy walking down the street and have a guy turn to check me out, or have someone glance over at the gym, provided the guy looks normal and not like a hobo/gangsta/sleazeball/creep.
As pathetic as it may sound, I've suffered from terribly low self-esteem all my life and have gone through my teens and early 20s feeling like an ugly duckling and not getting attention from guys my age. I've only 'grown into' my looks by about 23 and my appearance dramatically improved and I started feeling attractive for the first time in my life, so I'll admit I enjoyed getting attention and looks, even once I was married. Now that I'm 30 and a mom, I'm kinda starting to feel like I'm getting older and more 'invisible' again, even though I take care of myself, stay in shape, do makeup and clothes etc., but I feel like I lost that spark, my face has gotten more drawn and I have that permanent tired/frazzled look of motherhood that settled in the last couple of years that's just an automatic turnoff. At this point, if someone gives me a second glance I feel secretly flattered (even though I'd never show it)

Old 10-26-2013, 03:17 PM

274 posts, read 705,885 times
I'm a guy. One day I showed up at work in tight bike pants and helmet because I rode to work that day. A couple of girls in the office "stared" at me, especially on my legs and on the crotch. It felt good, actually. I felt flattered. I had the urge to wear that kind of wardrobe everyday to enjoy the attention, but, you know, I checked myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhoss View Post
Doesn't bother me a bit. I like to stare,too.
You are welcome to stare at me.

Old 10-26-2013, 03:39 PM

61 posts, read 102,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post
Ok, how about when wearing a bikini?

Most girls I hang out with seem to love the attention they get at the beach or the gym{without necessarily be asking for it}. I guess you ladies are the exception.

Looks like the women on here are not going to want to answer this question, as I'm getting the sense that most don't mind being "checked out". (if you do, that's fine. I'm just trying to get an idea of how most women feel like when they are being stared at.) Some people like it, some just don't and others are indifferent. I want to know which one it is.
Being stared excessively and for long periods of time can be especially annoying (and inappropriate!). Even in other public spaces like the subway. I mind if the stares come from threatening, creepy (and often short, unattractive and gross-looking) males - who I suspect are sexually frustrated. I mind less if it's coming from good-looking, attractive males (sometimes I even like it, admittedly). It bothers me when coming from women who come off as "sizing me up" and scrutinizing me from head to toe. I wonder sometimes how incredibly gorgeous women like supermodels put up with all the excessive staring. I read once that Kim Basinger screamed out on set "STOP staring at me!!!" Some women just stare at other women to admire their beauty. I can respect that more than women who stare because they are unhappy and insecure. I personally admire other beautiful women, they are such a pleasure to look (note, not stare) at.

Old 10-26-2013, 03:41 PM

61 posts, read 102,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequon View Post
I'm a guy. One day I showed up at work in tight bike pants and helmet because I rode to work that day. A couple of girls in the office "stared" at me, especially on my legs and on the crotch. It felt good, actually. I felt flattered. I had the urge to wear that kind of wardrobe everyday to enjoy the attention, but, you know, I checked myself.

You are welcome to stare at me.
LOL you are so funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty