Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you usually Overdressed or Underdressed compared to those around you
Overdressed 23 65.71%
Underdressed 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 08:04 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,202,675 times

Advertisements

Question is clear. Do you usually over dress or under dress compared to others in your area.

I am pretty sure that all of you already know the answer from my side. I am almost always overdressed, because my body is crazy sensitive to chill. Unless its 75 F +, I am usually in long sleeves. I am called "The Python" owing to my large size and inability to retain when its chilly.

Spoiler
Beware, If you get too close to me, I may constrict and cuddle you for warmth. If you are sexy and willing to comply, then I may bite as well

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 11-29-2013 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 08:15 AM

747 posts, read 1,681,964 times
Generally under it was like 48 and windy here yesterday I had a long sleeve tee, shorts and flip flops. What can I say i'm just not ready to accept Winter yet. Glad to see the temp is gonna rebound and be up near 70 in the next ten days.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
What can I say i'm just not ready to accept Winter yet.
That's only if you have a winter . Your winters are synonymous to mid April in NJ, which is springtime.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:39 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,461,254 times
Over, but I learned my lesson when one of the bus drivers busted out laughing at me because I was a bit too bundled up one chilly day. It's Fl the temp would go from 50 to 70 in ten minutes or depending on the area you were walking in there could be a huge difference in temp. These days I'm better at layering to not look as if I'm headed out for an expedition to the north pole.

I don't like to be cold either, it's why I moved to Florida, it's really the only reason I left the north.

Last edited by TRosa; 11-29-2013 at 08:52 AM..

Old 11-29-2013, 08:46 AM

22,570 posts, read 47,633,000 times
Neither... fairly average for my area.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:24 AM

324 posts, read 655,064 times
considering most women in my area wear yoga pants, I am over dressed.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:12 AM

The most annoying thing here is that when I lived in the US as a child in NYC, I was very tolerant to cold weather and would often wear shorts in 30 F weather. However, my stable manly metabolism was FKed up after I moved back to Chennai, India thanks to my dad's job transfer. I developed good resistance for the heat, but entirely lost my ability to handle the cold.

Now here I am in Jersey shivering every winter because its too cold, while 10 years ago, I was able to swim in 46 F water for 1 hour straight without any breaks. I hope things take a turn and my metabolism shifts towards me becoming a cold lover. In 10 more years, I want to be part of a polar swim club and recapture my toughness and manliness. Trying to force cold tolerance into myself at this point, but its not working.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:04 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,313,683 times
I don't understand the question. From the headline, and the fact that this is the Fashion and Beauty Forum, I thought this question had to do with over/under dressed according the prevailing STYLE in our areas. Did we go to Thanksgiving dinner, for example, with well-planned outfits and style, only to find everyone else in jeans and T-shirts? Then I read the whole post and I'm thinking the OP means over/under dressed for temperature. I don't even get why that would be a forum question. If a person is particularly sensitive to weather, they're unlikely to stop doing what they're doing even if they are a out of synch with others or even downright inappropriate.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I don't understand the question. From the headline, and the fact that this is the Fashion and Beauty Forum, I thought this question had to do with over/under dressed according the prevailing STYLE in our areas. Did we go to Thanksgiving dinner, for example, with well-planned outfits and style, only to find everyone else in jeans and T-shirts? Then I read the whole post and I'm thinking the OP means over/under dressed for temperature. I don't even get why that would be a forum question. If a person is particularly sensitive to weather, they're unlikely to stop doing what they're doing even if they are a out of synch with others or even downright inappropriate.
I expected responses based on temperature, and believe it or not, some people do change what they want to wear just in order to mix in. My brother is a good example, and I have seen others do it as well.

However, I am typically overdressed with respect to style as well. I wore a Trench coat with an Oxford shirt, dress pant, and polished black shoes to a honor society meeting, only to find out everyone else was wearing junked hoodies.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 11-29-2013 at 01:42 PM..

Old 11-29-2013, 12:39 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,473,008 times
I read the question and thought you meant style as opposed to temperature. I generally dress for comfort and as I get older I am not so concerned if I am in the minority or majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty