Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 07:28 AM

1 posts, read 824 times

Advertisements

I recently watched a YouTube video of a young girl (beautiful) who then appeared without her make-up and revealed to her viewers some really bad acne with lots of scarring. Took lots of guts to do that! Then she showed how she applied her make-up, which when completed you would never know she had a single blemish or scar ... but it took her ages every day for the whole thing. So, you can learn how to cover scarring up, but who wants to life their life behind a mask of make-up?

Dunno if I would be trying needles, but make sure you choose a professional and that their instruments are properly sterilized! I believe that there are some units you can buy for home use, but again - I wouldn't be that confident.

If you have already tried all the natural stuff, such as Aloe Vera and Bio Oil, there are some decent commercial preparations that people have said have worked for them. The one that was used by Lisa D'Amato when she smashed up her face seems to be pretty good. There is some before and after photos of it here: dermafix.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 08:11 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Google "acne scars fraxel". It can be done by dermatologists.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:46 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,726 times
being confident in spite of acne scars makes you come across as especially confident. Same as with a receding hairline or any other physical attribute like that. It's not the actual attribute that's the decider, it's whether or not you own it and are super confident in spite of it.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:07 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
I had some scars that disappeared through a combination of time and retin-a to promote cell renewal. Really try to see a dermotologist. They can really help you.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:36 AM

2 posts, read 10,340 times
You can try laser treatment for scar removal and acne removal. Even after acne treatment following a diet is really important.I did my acne treatment from fairview clinic, Toronto. I have been using a cream given by Dr.Jain.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:55 AM

686 posts, read 1,231,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post

Is there anything about makeup I should know beforehand?

Yes. That is that makeup is for women. Be a MAN and forget about wearing makeup. If I were in a business meeting (and I am in a lot of them) and saw a man with makeup, all I would see is "this mf'r is wearing makeup" and not what the person is saying. Leave the makeup to the women and the dudes on Project Runway. Be a man and be confident in your own skin.

To answer the question you posed in the title of your thread - "Am I crazy for considering this?" The answer is YES. YES you are crazy as a man to consider wearing makeup because of a few acne marks on your cheeks. Don't do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty