Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 02:00 PM

686 posts, read 1,231,031 times

Advertisements

[quote=Justlife20;33114173]I'm just curious. Do you think anyone can look their best underweight? [quote]

It depends on how underweight (5 pounds underweight or 25 pounds underweight?), their build (small, medium, large, tall, etc.), their build (round booty, small waist, curvy hips, etc.?), if they are fit underweight or unfit/unhealthy underweight and so on. There are a LOT of variables.

And who and how are we defining "underweight"? According to the useless BMI? To a person's history of their own weight? Or what?

Kelly Ripa might be considered to be "underweight' but she looks amazing. Same thing for many of the beautiful Russian Olympic gymnastic girls. That U.K. singer chick Amy Winehouse looked HORRIBLE when she was underweight. So I guess it really depends on the individual and if they are a "healthy' (i.e., fit/athletic) underweight or a drug binging, finger in the back of the throat vomit inducing unhealthy underweight.

I don't think anyone can really look their "BEST" either underweight or overweight though.

Charlygirl in post #8 of this thread gave good advice - start working out and exercising and you wont have to worry about weight.

Last edited by Chum Kiu; 01-21-2014 at 02:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 02:15 PM

15 posts, read 33,941 times
[quote=Chum Kiu;33117498][quote=Justlife20;33114173]I'm just curious. Do you think anyone can look their best underweight?
Quote:

It depends on how underweight (5 pounds underweight or 25 pounds underweight?), their build (small, medium, large, tall, etc.), their build (round booty, small waist, curvy hips, etc.?), if they are fit underweight or unfit/unhealthy underweight and so on. There are a LOT of variables.

And who and how are we defining "underweight"? According to the useless BMI? To a person's history of their own weight? Or what?

Kelly Ripa might be considered to be "underweight' but she looks amazing. Same thing for many of the beautiful Russian Olympic gymnastic girls. That U.K. singer chick Amy Winehouse looked HORRIBLE when she was underweight. So I guess it really depends on the individual and if they are a "healthy' (i.e., fit/athletic) underweight or a drug binging, finger in the back of the throat vomit inducing unhealthy underweight.

I don't think anyone can really look their "BEST" either underweight or overweight though.
I'm short 5'1" I have a very small build I have no hips which is why I have a really small build. And when skinny I don't have a big butt it's not flat just small and yea I have a small waist.

By bmi yes at my smallest is 15.6 my dr kept telling me I needed to gain weight or that I was an anorexic.
I'm 20 btw so I'm not like over 35 or near there

I'm not the anorexic kind I actually just didn't eat the way I have in the past year with butters sugars salts or prepared spices dressing and no white flour pasta or bread and making my own bread and very lean meats. I never starved I got my calories in. I always ate 3 meals a day at least. And had room to splurge

Old 01-21-2014, 04:30 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,228,243 times
Wow, I think you have a fantastic body type actually! I'm jealous - you're practically the epitome of the perfect body today, slim and narrow everywhere but with larger breasts, that's actually extremely rare to have naturally. I think you look great at around 100 lbs.
I wish I had that body type; I'm actually the exact opposite, and I also look best underweight because of it - I'm a pear shaped with a very small bust and narrow shoulders but wide hips and heavy legs. I have to choose between either looking good on top but have heavy legs and hips, or having thinner legs but no breasts and ribs sticking out on top. It's a difference between about 120-125 lbs or 110ish at 5'4. I chose the latter because I prefer to be as petite as possible, and my face looks better at this weight too - I gain weight in my face easily which makes me look matronly.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:38 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Wow, those pics sort of turns me off. It's a like a man with breasts. I've seen plenty of those in NYC.

Sorry, a good figure > big breasts. Time to work on the squats, breasts aren't every man's dream. They're good to look at but bad shape turns off a lot of guys. Ask my pal who threw a girl out because she had manly looking butt.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:49 PM

Yea I have nice size butt anytime I'm above 100 lbs. but my hips are straight that's not something I can change plus I don't want my butt any bigger it's not supposed to be big it makes them get stretch marks... It's as good as its going to get

Moderator cut: image removed

My stretch marks have also faded... I'm just happy they didn't get as bad as they could have.

Last edited by Marka; 01-23-2014 at 10:02 AM..

Old 01-21-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
Wow, I think you have a fantastic body type actually! I'm jealous - you're practically the epitome of the perfect body today, slim and narrow everywhere but with larger breasts, that's actually extremely rare to have naturally. I think you look great at around 100 lbs.
I wish I had that body type; I'm actually the exact opposite, and I also look best underweight because of it - I'm a pear shaped with a very small bust and narrow shoulders but wide hips and heavy legs. I have to choose between either looking good on top but have heavy legs and hips, or having thinner legs but no breasts and ribs sticking out on top. It's a difference between about 120-125 lbs or 110ish at 5'4. I chose the latter because I prefer to be as petite as possible, and my face looks better at this weight too - I gain weight in my face easily which makes me look matronly.
Thanks ...

I always oddly have slim face even though I'm top heavy. I'm not narrow in the shoulders which helps define my waist they're less noticeable when I'm heavier. Which is another reason I like being skinny.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:23 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times
I find underweight attractive, especially in younger women. I like your pictures.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:00 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,512,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justlife20 View Post
I'm just curious. Sometimes I think that may be true for some women who are too heavy or gain weight in their tummies... When underweight especially in women with an inverted triangle shape it shows off their curves much more than before... I mean what is a person who gains weight in middle and has no hips to do if they gain weight? Try to stay underweight or just look sloppy?
If by underweight you mean a less than normal body mass index they wont look good at all.
People look good when they have a normal BMI, no matter what shape they are.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:49 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
I would look my best at 172 lb with low BFP. Above that my tummy sticks out.

I want a flat toughened up stomach & chest and some arm muscle (Recently developed it, but not enough) to look handsome without a shirt on. When someone touches me, I should feel rough & tough like a cast iron pillar, not soft and weak like a stuffed teddy bear.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:30 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,999,675 times
Women should lift and lift heavy. Your lack of testosterone will prevent large muscle growth, but it will increase bone density and overall mass while not adding (too many) inches to your frame. I see women in the gym working like bandits to keep the booty from getting too big.

Silly ladies....let that booty grow!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty