Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 08:42 PM

10 posts, read 80,429 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I've read an article today (non-scientific) that blondes usually age faster than brunettes (and women of other ethnicities). Is that true? Has anyone here ever read a scientific article about that (and can maybe even post it)?

I know, blonde people have lighter skin and therefore their skin is more sensitive to the sun. Without sun lotion it burns faster and therefore ages faster. But what if a blonde is taking proper care of that? I'm a blonde female, 26 years old and I don't have any wrinkles or signs of aging yet. I'm eating healthy, don't smoke and I always use sun lotion. Will I still be aging faster than a brunette?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 08:48 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,905,385 times
Most blondes have the kind of skin that wrinkles earlier but this NOT always so and wrinkles do NOT necessarily make one look older. Some faces are smooth but just look old and vice versa.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:48 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
We all age one day at a time.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:56 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,158,411 times
I think blondes do have a tendency to age faster than brunettes, maybe it has to do with skin melanin, texture, I'm not sure. At 26, you sound like you are doing a great job of early intervention with the extra care you are taking and you will most likely age a lot later than other blondes who aren't taking the same care and are sun worshippers. Google pictures of Brigitte Bardot - a very beautiful woman in her youth who loved the sun too much. In her 30s, she was already aging rapidly. Compare pictures of her with pictures of Catherine Deneuve.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:33 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
No, I don't think so. Take care of your skin, get plenty of rest, don't smoke, stay out of the sun and drink plenty of water. Your skin will be great when you're 65.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:46 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
I have noticed most of the older women that look the most wrinkled and weathered to me are blonde. Of course there are exceptions but that seems to be an objective reality.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:11 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,988,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I have noticed most of the older women that look the most wrinkled and weathered to me are blonde. Of course there are exceptions but that seems to be an objective reality.
And of course, all these women you are noticing are "natural blondes"!

I would say what you have noticed is the fact that many women who enjoy tanning are under the misguided notion that tan+blonde looks attractive.

In addition, women are usually told to go to lighter hair as they get older because it's not as severe.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:25 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,467,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
No, I don't think so. Take care of your skin, get plenty of rest, don't smoke, stay out of the sun and drink plenty of water. Your skin will be great when you're 65.
This is true. Not just blonds but people with fair skin should be careful in the sun. The sun is one of the biggest contributers to ageing skin.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:36 AM

374 posts, read 491,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Also make sure to eat plenty of raw ( veggies etc) some healthy fats ( like organic virgin olive oil, salmon and raw almonds). Carrot juice is the best. Don't use tons of makeup with all the awful chemicals. If you do that you should be fine. As for the sun you do need vitamin D, little a day but don't stay till you burn. Make sure to do yoga or other exercises where you are getting plenty of oxygen.

I have a much older friend in her 70's and looks late 40's natural blonde but dyes it now and she looks fantastic. She still does yoga though.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:39 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
All people need to take special care of their skin, but I have read studies that people with blonde or red hair, as well as lighter colored eyes are more susceptible to sun damage, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty