Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 11:16 AM

202 posts, read 479,507 times

Advertisements

I have been seeing this trend on instagram a lot! Women wearing waist cinchers to help lose stomach in the stomach area. What are your thoughts on this ? Does it really work? Does it help getting the hourglass shape?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 11:17 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Lmao

Old 02-02-2014, 11:59 AM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,916 times
It's funny that the pictures of women wearing them are always thin women that don't need them in the first place. Let's see something realistic!

I don't know if they work or not...but I would think just plain old fashioned diet and exercise would help the most.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:00 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,822,493 times
No, they don't work. Common sense people, common sense!

Old 02-02-2014, 12:27 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Yea, they work by squishing your organs - no thanks!

Old 02-02-2014, 12:41 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
You can't change your body-shape LMAO. That's been proven. You can "enhance" and take the "notice" off parts you want to, but you can't change the way you distribute weight, as well as your body type at all. I know a lot of girls that try to do this, and fail horribly. If you're an inverted triangle, play down the parts you dislike about the shape, and play up your "assets", the same for any other body type. I'm an hour-glass, but when I gain weight, I start veering toward pear shape, I could never become a banana or a ruler by just trying to throw on a waist cincher or corset and wrap something around my hips and legs to "contain" the fat lmao. It's called losing weight, working out, eating better, and accepting yourself the way you were made. I used to hate my body shape, because I was bigger than my mom and my sisters--my mom was a size 0 and shaped like a ruler but very lean and fit, so was my youngest sister, and my other sister was very thin and shaped similar to an inverted triangle--I was curvy and an hour glass. I always wanted to look like my mom and tried to, by trying different things and it never happened....

I feel sorry for women that try to be an hour glass or a "pear" by wearing a corset, it just ain't gonna happen. Plus it looks painful.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:44 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,758 times
No, they don't work. You can't really do spot reduction when you exercise. In order to burn fat in a specific area, you'll just need to burn fat throughout your whole body. You could do spot BUILDING where one part or parts of your body can be the most dominant than others. Spot reduction not so much, since in order to fat, you're body will need to work as one unit, which is where cardio comes in.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:08 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
I had to wear one after my emergency c section, and it certainly helped hold myself together. I think I wore it 9 weeks daily for however long my doctor told me to wear it. I was quite over my normal weight and I slimmed down while wearing it. Did it help me lose weight, probably not. But I think it helped, as I don't have a saggy belly or pooch that some c section mothers get.

My mother wore one after getting lipo. It looked similar to mine, which was a under bust to hips wrap with Velcro.

Our doctors gave them to us, so I have no idea where to buy them or what they are called.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:30 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
It's funny that the pictures of women wearing them are always thin women that don't need them in the first place. Let's see something realistic!
This is exactly right!

The fat that's getting "cinched" has to go somewhere.

So it bulges over the top or out the bottom, and you can always tell when someone is wearing one under their clothes.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:44 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
sorry, but its like nailing jello to a tree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty