Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2014, 09:12 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,342,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I see you're no longer a member, but for the record? I don't even know what an "ethnic Black-American" man is.
I'm assuming that "ethnic Black American" refers to those blacks who were brought up in and readily identify with black culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 09:50 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Sooo... he's counting on people's religion making them better people? Well.... I reckon that'll work, but I know plenty of "religious" people who aren't exactly above reproach, if you know what I mean.
No, he's counting on Catholicism providing a common cultural tie-in with Latinos who are non-white (i.e., bearing a significant African or Indian admixture). Sure it can work.

My daughter is light-skinned (a throw of the genetic dice...although her mother and I are both medium-skinned, we each have a light-skinned grandparent), but she wears a TWA. She also speaks very good Spanish, and loves to dance salsa, has a petite build, and tends to model Audrey Hepburn. Mexican-descendent Latinos around here frequently presume she's Cubana, but she never lets them get far with that assumption.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:00 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,973,693 times
To the OP question, Americans are UGLY compared to Europeans. This is mainly due how much heavier Americans are on average. Most European women would be considered super skinny here.

I've been to 13 countries in Europe, more than most Americans. Europeans are amazingly better looking. Its not even close.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:05 AM

90 posts, read 94,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena2345 View Post
I have to agree with you. I've observed from my own experiences that a number of black guys who resent black women will create fantastical stories. Why can't they just say, I like what I like and move on? Why do they feel the need to even mention black women?

Another strange thing that I've observed is, some white women actually buy into the hype and believe the stories that their black bf's tell them. Oddly, it makes them feel better about themselves and possibly cherished by the black guy.

If I was with a non black guy who felt the need to degrade his own race of women, I would make certain that I no longer dealt with him. I would never want to be with that type of guy.
And what kind of stories do you think white women are telling their black boyfriends? Think penis joke

Old 02-18-2014, 06:20 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,342,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
To the OP question, Americans are UGLY compared to Europeans. This is mainly due how much heavier Americans are on average. Most European women would be considered super skinny here.

I've been to 13 countries in Europe, more than most Americans. Europeans are amazingly better looking. Its not even close.
Meh. If very skinny women are your thing then go for it, but I prefer the women we have right here in the Americas. Europe does have a lot of beautiful women, though.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:16 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I'm assuming that "ethnic Black American" refers to those blacks who were brought up in and readily identify with black culture.

Ahh... that's what I thought it might be...

Old 02-18-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post

Dude.... seriously? I've been around myself and I can tell you that Europeans aren't any better looking than anyone else. If you go to a struggling country and you have women from that country treating you better, you might ask yourself why that is.

Perhaps the way they treat you gives you the impression that these people are better looking, but there's no country in the world that corners the market for attractive. You can find attractive anywhere. Whether you can actually date it is another matter.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by espn_lies View Post
And what kind of stories do you think white women are telling their black boyfriends? Think penis joke

Which is about as inaccurate as those jokes about Asian dudes. LOL.

Might be a trend, but it sure isn't a guarantee.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
No, he's counting on Catholicism providing a common cultural tie-in with Latinos who are non-white (i.e., bearing a significant African or Indian admixture). Sure it can work.

My daughter is light-skinned (a throw of the genetic dice...although her mother and I are both medium-skinned, we each have a light-skinned grandparent), but she wears a TWA. She also speaks very good Spanish, and loves to dance salsa, has a petite build, and tends to model Audrey Hepburn. Mexican-descendent Latinos around here frequently presume she's Cubana, but she never lets them get far with that assumption.

Fascinating how skin color can vary so much in the same family. I once knew a family where the dad was dark and the mom was medium-skinned. They had 7 kids who ranged from quite dark to pale enough that people would ask her dad if his wife had a thing going with the milk man.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:49 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,768,377 times
This has changed. Yes, there is still people who are just like what the OP said - they only think white men are beautiful.
But especially in big metropolitan areas, esp. in Northeast and West Coast, this has changed alot.
As an asian man, I did not find any difficulties finding a date when I was single; Caucasians, African American, Asian, East Indian, Hispanics, you name it. This somewhat shows that standard of beauty among these various guys (yes I am gay) is pretty diverse.
Again I won't deny that there are still people out there who only think that those with Caucasians features are attractive, but this perception has changed in alot of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty