Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 07:01 AM

484 posts, read 761,282 times

Advertisements

I don't see why everyone needs to conform to beauty standards, or why pressure is put on anyone for that matter.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:01 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Hmmm - interesting article. It says women with moles are healthier and look younger. I have several moles on my face (and body) and I get told I look like I am in my 40s (I am 64). I did however, have three very large ones removed from my neck and back. I don't think small ones on the face like in those photos are unattractive at all. Certainly no one has ever objected to the small ones on my face.

The women in those photos are gorgeous.
I had two removed on my neck and now have hideous keloid scars that make me look like I got stabbed... so maybe that's a reason she's hesitant about it? I've tried to have them removed/reduced several times over the years but nothing has worked. I wish I'd kept the moles.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:20 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenzanite View Post
I had two removed on my neck and now have hideous keloid scars that make me look like I got stabbed... so maybe that's a reason she's hesitant about it? I've tried to have them removed/reduced several times over the years but nothing has worked. I wish I'd kept the moles.
I have a scar as well - but it's at the back of my neck. I had no choice, it had become infected and really large and HAD to be removed. But yeah, I don't see why anyone should bother removing moles unless they are an issue (which the ones I removed were).

I personally do not find moles unattractive at all.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:23 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,294,617 times
https://www.google.com/search?q=anim...hp%3B640%3B384

It's kind of cute.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:26 AM

555 posts, read 804,387 times
Cindy Crawford. 'Nuf said.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:31 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
It is only pretty or cute on very attractive people who would be very pretty or cute without them also.

Otherwise I don't like them and I find it gross when there is hair growing out of it.

I would not tell anybody to have anything removed, because it is none of my business.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:13 AM

686 posts, read 1,231,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
It is only pretty or cute on very attractive people who would be very pretty or cute without them also.

Otherwise I don't like them and I find it gross when there is hair growing out of it.

I would not tell anybody to have anything removed, because it is none of my business.

This. ^^^^

Remove the mole from Marilyn Monroe's face and she's still beautiful.
Remove the mole from Cindi Crawford's face and she's still beautiful.

Moles are NOT beauty marks. Moles are NOT attractive. Doesn't matter if they are on someone's face, back, stomach, etc. I will never consider them as "things of beauty".

Old 02-06-2014, 11:42 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,150,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Do you think facial moles are attractive?
I don't find them attractive on most people. As you say, however, they can be interesting as beauty "marks" on a few celebrities. Can't deny that.

The rest of us: nuh uh.

I had three removed in 2010: first above my left eyebrow (medium), another forward of my right ear (medium-large), third (smaller) on my neck. Couple other contenders that I will probably leave as-is on my shoulder and elsewhere. My concern was/is as much skin cancer as aesthetics, though the eyebrow one always ticked me off to see in the mirror every day. Always. I see it existed far back as my 4th Grade pictures, slowly growing... you get the picture. Finally gone in my early 40s. None were "disfiguring" but all "annoying to look at," IMO: my call.

Concern for many is scarring, women especially. As a man, I find a few facial scars interesting and as the two incisions on my face healed, they left a small scar above my eyebrow (hard to see) and another that the plastic surgeon did a great job of melding into natural contours of my face (forward of my ear). Without being too gross, the ear area mole was a large, uh, "volume of removal" and he stitched about a 1 inch vertical incision. "Supposedly" women find scars on a guy cool, though no woman since has remarked on either of mine without me pointing it out. I figure it's a wash.

I personally find scars on a woman interesting, too, though I've seen enough go to herculean lengths to hide them to believe they don't feel the same way.

I went to a well-regarding plastic surgeon in Seattle. Surprising how much it cost to have all of this dealt-with, but no one said plastic surgery is cheap. Medical insurance paid 40% (glad they paid even that much), given history of melanoma in my family. Thought it may be wise to go to a top-guy of my choosing vs. in-plan who may or may not be good. I paid extra (out of pocket) since who wants to be truly disfigured by scars?

I am skeptical about homeopathic ways to remove moles vs. doing it the right way (plastic surgery).

Old 02-06-2014, 11:45 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenzanite View Post
Exactly. Why should someone have to go through minor surgery (and risk possible infection and scarring) just to be 'attractive' to complete strangers?
yeah, massive risks for expanding the dating pool up to 60% if you have a real nasty big one in your face

Old 02-06-2014, 12:37 PM

723 posts, read 2,193,648 times
I don't love/hate them. I mean unless it's really unsightly or hairy then I couldn't care less.

But I think freckles are pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty