Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 09:26 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,998,827 times

Advertisements

A distinction needs to be made with threads like these:

"Alpha" Males (tall, handsome, wealthy etc.), are more likely to have success with lots of women, but that doesn't mean that average men can't find a woman. I think the OP is really talking about his desire to have no-strings sex with lots of (hot) women. Alphas allegedly have more chances to do this. If that is your only goal with women, then yes, average dude will lose.

Good looking men and women have only one shared advantage...opportunity. Ultimately, most people want to find that soul mate, life partner and spouse to spend their life with. Pretty people get to buy a few more lottery tickets than the rest of us, but it doesn't mean they always win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 09:56 PM

169 posts, read 269,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Onions View Post
Put down the weights ugly guys, its over (unless your training for fat loss or for a sport). You won't attract the cute girls just by having a good body.

In high school and college I used to think obese women had it the worst because of the torment they got from both genders (yes the pretty girls were very cruel to the ugly fatties and wouldn't allow them in to their social cliches) this was way before I was on internet, like 1992/93 or so. Now reading thousands of posts online for over 13 years, I would say ugly guy has it far worse by a long shot. There are far more guys that have been sexless for 5+ or even 10+ years than women. A woman can never go that long without offers of sex unless she chooses to decline. www.Wilson-Roofing.com Vancouver roofers, Vancouver roofing, 604.700.5405, roofing Vancouver, roof repairs Vancouver, roofing contractor Vancouver
No matter what, plenty of fat/ugly women still manage to find a mate slightly above their 'league'. They don't need money or status, all they need is to be pro-active and some chubby chaser or low bidder will pursue them. Men are sexual deviants and there will always be a fetish for obese women (BBW), disabled women, nerdy women etc.

Now to the point of the thread title.

Ugly women have it easier to 'better' themselves physically as well in that they can diet, lose weight and put on make-up. Its not beyond a 3/10 to become a 7/10 by losing weight alone. I've seen it many times.
Here is an example of a 2/10 going to a 5 or 6/10: Mod cut: copyright violation

I think this is because men judge women more on their bodies/weight than their faces, bone structure and height. 95% of men will literally **** any woman who is slim built, no matter what her face is like or what race she is.

But this simply doesn't happen for men: 95% of the female population would not find a man attractive simply by the virtue he isn't fat or he lost weight. There is a lot more pressure on men to posses other positive physical attributes.

Ugly males can't really do much in terms of a make-over. Women judge men on things that are beyond a mans control; things like hormonal profile from masculinity (testosterone and HGH), height, bone structure (jawline etc), his hairline, his race etc. Getting a 'good body' will not improve a mans sex appeal much if his face is ugly or if he's really short, yet his female equivalent (short & facially ugly but good body) would have and endless supply of guys willing to date her.

Discuss.
Naturally a Mans role on planet earth is suppose to be a PROVIDER and women's roles are suppose to be baby makers (reproducers).

Thus physical aspects of mans face play a very little role in a women physical attraction to a man.

What a western women FINDS(perceives) irresistibly attractive in a man is MONEY! I know this truth may be to much for some of you boys to handle but women don't care how tall, short, smart, handsome, ugly, muscular, hair color and etc of a mans physical characteristics.

Now it will seem I am contradicting myself. But women Do find MUSCLES, HEIGHT, and DARK FEATURES attractive. Those qualities only serve as brownie points towards the women's selection in a potential mate.

Now to put it perspective think of the analogy like this. Say you have a very handsome man that is BROKE(i.e JOBLESS, No money) and you have a UGLY man who is a billionaire.

She will naturally choose the UGLY billionaire man because she perceives the material object of money being the key source of security. (providing for HER material needs to reproduce)

Now lets say you have 2 billionaires. One is very handsome and muscular and the other is ugly, nerdy and frail bill gates.

She will pick the handsome billionaire due to his physical characteristics of masculinity.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:37 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,833,702 times
Date ugly women.

I have no sympathy or empathy for any man who claims he is ugly,yet won't date ugly women.

I know for a fact ugly men won't look at ugly women,and I'm not talking about ugly as in fat. I am talking about ugly as in the face ugly women.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:38 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,742,373 times
What is ugly anyway?

Old 03-10-2014, 07:03 AM

181 posts, read 218,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Date ugly women.

I have no sympathy or empathy for any man who claims he is ugly,yet won't date ugly women.

I know for a fact ugly men won't look at ugly women,and I'm not talking about ugly as in fat. I am talking about ugly as in the face ugly women.
Absolutely!

I find the attractiveness in what society calls "ugly" women.

They don't look "ugly" to me.

What is ugly to me is a vain women who lives off her looks.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:11 AM

181 posts, read 218,237 times
Quote:
Date ugly women.

Those who accept the rules of a game (such as the "rule" that says "you have to have an attractive mate") have to play by those rules (which means the rule which says "if looks are important to you then you have to accept the outcome of being judged and rejected for YOUR looks")

A person shouldn't play a game (such as the "looks" game) if that person can't win at that game.

The person should redefine the rules of the game, find the attractiveness in the "plain" looking woman or judge by heart, intelligence, communication skills, level of compatibility etc.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:42 AM

168 posts, read 370,048 times
Quote:
Date ugly women.

Agree. Date someone that is your equal! If we're using the scale of 1 to 10, a 3 should never try to get an 8...why even bother? A 3 would be lucky to get a 5! :-)

Old 03-10-2014, 08:02 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,769,150 times
As Henry Kissinger famously noted:
"Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac".

Forget looks, guys.
No matter what women SAY, they all trade sex for security (except for unmarried lesbians!).
And money --> Power --> more money --> CONFIDENCE.
Nothing more attractive than a rich, powerful, confident man, except a funny, handsome, rich, powerful, confident man!

So, OP, quit yer bichin'; there IS hope for ugly guys, but not so much for ugly gals.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:15 PM

777 posts, read 880,709 times
MANY examples of rich ugly men with hot babes on their arms. Not so many examples of the opposite (unless those women go to tango clubs).

Old 03-10-2014, 12:55 PM

224 posts, read 376,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
A distinction needs to be made with threads like these:

"Alpha" Males (tall, handsome, wealthy etc.), are more likely to have success with lots of women, but that doesn't mean that average men can't find a woman. I think the OP is really talking about his desire to have no-strings sex with lots of (hot) women. Alphas allegedly have more chances to do this. If that is your only goal with women, then yes, average dude will lose.

Good looking men and women have only one shared advantage...opportunity. Ultimately, most people want to find that soul mate, life partner and spouse to spend their life with. Pretty people get to buy a few more lottery tickets than the rest of us, but it doesn't mean they always win.
A good post - I agree.

I am an ugly guy. I'll spare you the details, but in a group of ten guys rounded up off the street at random, absent burn victims or the deformed I would usually be the least attractive. This bothered me in high school, but since then I don't really think about it.

I have been happily married for almost my entire adult life, to a woman I consider attractive - certainly more attractive than I am. I know she dated good-looking guys before me, and had mostly bad experiences. I do have some positive qualities, and one is that I never had the expectation that I would be a "player" so never conducted myself as one in relationships. All I ever hoped for was to find someone to love and be happily married for the rest of my life, and that in itself is going to be attractive to some women. At least, it worked for me. All other things being equal I agree that women will take the good-looking guy, but I think through experience many find out that men who can have any woman they meet generally do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty