Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 07:19 PM

613 posts, read 1,169,405 times

Advertisements

I get the impression that this seems to be the case with a lot of womens' sandals. Less so for men's.

In some ways, it probably depends on how much you wear them, but there are many sandals that don't look so nice after a season of wear, so I notice a lot of people chuck them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 07:24 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markovian process View Post
I get the impression that this seems to be the case with a lot of womens' sandals. Less so for men's.

In some ways, it probably depends on how much you wear them, but there are many sandals that don't look so nice after a season of wear, so I notice a lot of people chuck them out.
I guess it depends on where you buy them. Sandals at WalMart don't last more than one season. But if you buy a good quality shoe it will last. I have a pair of Birkenstock sandals that I have worn for about 12 years now. I bought them at a thrift shop for about $3 but new they cost about $120.

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-14-2014, 08:26 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,607,521 times
I don't think I've owned any sandals that I've worn only one season, but I tend to change out different pairs instead of wearing the same ones all the time. That said, I did wear out a pair of Minnetonka sandals that I loved and wore often, but even then it took me several years to do so. I've had good luck with Target and WalMart sandals also but I never buy the ones that have such a thin footbed that you can feel every bump in the road. I believe a thicker sole makes a difference.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:23 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
I guess if you buy cheap sandals ... I've been wearing the same several pair of sandals for 5-10 years.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:12 PM

43,669 posts, read 44,416,401 times
I usually wear sandals for a few seasons before they wear out and I have to buy a new pair.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:32 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markovian process View Post

Are you talking about delicate 'fashion fun' sandals with cork heels and bright fabrics or real 'sandals' in neutral leathers and decent construction?

The former is certainly one season and done (maybe limited use a second season) but the latter certainly for more than a year.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:03 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
I wear my sandals until they come apart. The brand I wear has a two-year guarantee, but they're cheap enough that when they break after one year, I just replace them. I wear them almost every day though, not just now and then.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Are you talking about delicate 'fashion fun' sandals with cork heels and bright fabrics or real 'sandals' in neutral leathers and decent construction?

The former is certainly one season and done (maybe limited use a second season) but the latter certainly for more than a year.
Well, it seems like the trendy, fashionable ones outnumber the ones that are longer lasting.

I wonder if the majority of the sandals you generally see in any store are more of the short-lived variety.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post

Wait, aren't cork heels actually supposed to be pretty durable or solid lasting?

Old 04-03-2014, 10:02 AM

73 posts, read 99,936 times
I have a LOT of Croc sandals and love them all. Very comfy and long lasting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty