Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 05:00 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,483,844 times

Advertisements

I can't think of anyone. How strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 07:36 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitermaster View Post
Of our time? Russell crowe. Clint eastwood years ago. Whenever you want a real man to play part in a movie, it's guys like them. Long hair, fair shaven skin, and having a tan are not traits of a man...they're traits of boys and women. You cannot even consider guys like ezra or jared because if humans had to compete for mates like lions and wolves and be alpha males, they wouldve never even been born or runoff and killed in adolescence since their only positive trait is being pretty.
I agree about Russell Crowe. He's not the ideal pretty boy, but something about him is very appealing.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:29 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Matt Damon. I am a fan of Jason Bourne movies, and like the look he often sports. Wonderful face.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:44 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
https://www.google.com/search?q=omar...a&channel=fflb

OMG !!!!!!

Omar Borkan al Gala

yummmers

Yes! His beauty is mesmerizing!!

Old 03-18-2014, 09:57 PM

844 posts, read 1,063,877 times
Cary Grant and Sean Connery.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:34 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I agree about Russell Crowe. He's not the ideal pretty boy, but something about him is very appealing.
Russell Crowe is appealing, but is he really the epitome of male beauty? Really?

Old 03-18-2014, 11:36 PM

Also, Alex Pettyfer, who was in Magic Mike with Matthew Mcconaughey.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Of our time? Russell crowe. Clint eastwood years ago. Whenever you want a real man to play part in a movie, it's guys like them. Long hair, fair shaven skin, and having a tan are not traits of a man...they're traits of boys and women. You cannot even consider guys like ezra or jared because if humans had to compete for mates like lions and wolves and be alpha males, they wouldve never even been born or runoff and killed in adolescence since their only positive trait is being pretty.
But before they were killed off they would have impregnated a bunch of women, thus propogating their "beauty" genes...haha

Old 03-19-2014, 06:01 AM

1,935 posts, read 4,777,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Yet again, I vote for...ME!
Interesting that you say that. I, too, vote for me... but that's because, being a heterosexual man, I define "beauty" for men in a much more "big-picture" sense.

Physically I think I'm a 9 out of 10. Like most people, I don't have the gall to state that I think I'm the most physically perfect specimen of my gender out there... I'm a good looking guy, never had trouble getting dates once I "grew up" around age 15, and my wife says I'm the best-looking guy out there. I've never seen a man I'd rather look like. But, I know that I don't fit the "Hollywood standard", so there are plenty of women who wouldn't consider my appearance to be ideal. I'm fine with that. Hence, 9 out of 10.

The reason why I cast my vote for myself is because I compare myself, personality-wise, with the guys who are often voted to be the best-looking. It makes me sick who women will vote for, given what else they do with their lives. First of all, it seems that in order to be voted "best looking", you have to be a famous celebrity. Why does being a famous celebrity automatically make you great-looking, unless there is a direct (and very shallow) connection between bank account size and physical attractiveness? Secondly, it's about time that people start considering the whole person. That's why I say I'm the epitome of male beauty. I'm as good-looking as any guy out there (or better-looking, in the opinion of the only person who matters), and I have the following going for me:

-I don't smoke (all of those so-called "great looking" guys who smoke will also stink... so much for their actual attractiveness... and we all know how sexy it is to be on an oxygen tank or barely able to walk from the car to the front door without getting winded because your lungs are ruined from smoking)

-I don't drink (cirrhosis of the liver, throat cancer, and impotence are not sexy at all)

-I don't do drugs (y'ever watched episodes of COPS with people who are high on drugs? Oh yeah, THAT stuff is hot. Nothing like bloodshot eyes, incomprehensible speech, and behaving uncontrollably in public while wearing your underwear and a torn-up stained tank top.)

(Also, I will never do anything stupid and/or criminal on account of being "under the influence", like so many of these pin-up celebrities of our time. Mug shots are NOT attractive. Neither is a criminal record.)

-I don't womanize (I took my pick, then closed the menu. Women flirt with me, and I don't flirt back... instead I will mention my wife whenever it's not awkward to do so. If I am in any way asked or encouraged to examine or evaluate another woman's physical appearance, regardless of who the woman is, I will say that I don't look at other women like that. I am TRUE.)

-I don't lie, cheat, steal, nor screw others over to advance my own personal prospects in life

-I do not commit criminal acts of any kind, nor do I have even the slightest compulsion to do so

-I respect other people and you will never find me cussing in public

(I'd make the most boring celebrity out there, because there'd never be any tabloid fodder coming out of my life.)

-I'm talented and intelligent, and I don't squander that by choosing stupidity in my life

-I go to church every week, volunteer my time and talent for the church, and despite my questions about the Bible and the nature of God, I put forth my best effort to follow God's commandments as stated in the Bible.

Basically, I live a good, upstanding life... which is far more than most guys can say. That, when added to how the meaningful evidence attests to me being as good-looking as any dude out there, puts me over the top. Might I, at some point, find someone who eclipses me? Maybe, but it hasn't happened yet.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:16 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,286,244 times
Quote:
their only positive trait is being pretty.
Highly unlikely. The topic IS beauty. Why [are you] so uncomfortable with it? [smiley face with arched eyebrow]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBenNemsi View Post

Confident women want to see character in men: Liam Neeson, Ralph Fienes, Donald Sutherland, Sam Sheppard, Dustin Hoffman, Samuel Jackson, Roy Scheider, James woods, Glen Harris, Patrick stewart, Tommy Lee Jones. Some little defaults that make them interesting like a big nose, bald, crooked smile, teeth not perfect.

My 5 cents.
Confident women aren't confined by social norms. Beautiful, Patrick Stewart? Roy Scheider? No ... Waay. Some of the others are sexy, but they aren't Beautiful, with the exception of [a young] Ralph Fiennes.

Little faults may make "them" interesting, but it would take perfect bone structure (and, in general, youth) to consider them beautiful.

So here's my list (to be picked apart)

Young, Leonardo Dicaprio :> - Gangster-Girl Photo (33147057) - Fanpop fanclubs

Young, Jonathan Rhys Meyers Jonathan Rhys-Meyers - Foto 4 : Fotoalbum - gofeminin.de

Jonathan Rhys-Meyers - Foto 2 : Fotoalbum - gofeminin.de

Daniel Day Lewis Daniel Day Lewis » The Best Quality Pictures

Christian Bale http://dalstonsuperstore.com/wp-cont...BaleHotBoy.jpg

Johnny Depp Johnny Depp Photograph by Karon Melillo DeVega - Johnny Depp Fine Art Prints and Posters for Sale

Tyrone Power in Marie Antoinette Marie Antoinette (1938) -- (Movie Clip) Roll In The Gutter

Ben Barnes Ben Barnes Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes
Dorian Gray - Rotten Tomatoes

Young Paul Newman eye-candy-paul-newman-11 : theBERRY

Brad Pitt http://i0.wp.com/www.nowverybad.com/...er_still_1.jpg

Benedict Cumberbatch Benedict Cumberbatch, Dynamo, Dominic West, Olivia Colman All In Broadcast's Top 100

Can't believe I left off Jared Leto. I've 'adored' him since My So Called Life. Dallas Buyers Club [transgender smiley face thumbs up]

Last edited by leanansidhex; 03-19-2014 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: add
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty