Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 02:00 AM

437 posts, read 548,299 times

Advertisements

Never had a tattoo before but I kind of want to get a bunch of florida related tats... how much would these kind of tats cost and how long would the artist take to do em?

upload didnt work so here are the links
http://s3.amazonaws.com/ink_prod/pho...fdd7_large.jpg

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...Swk-W0Wbvicw05

http://www.everytattoo.com/data/medi...rida_small.jpg

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...57Aa-7xaWE9h3A

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...zJOyouQo0zbNyM

https://s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com...1b7894bbb6.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 02:39 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
I hope you mean to get one tattoo at a time. I have two rather large ones on my upper arms, and I love them both. I love them both and have never regretted getting them because I put months of time into deciding exactly what I wanted. Then I spent a lot of time deciding who I wanted my tattoo artist to be. Choice of tattoo artist is key, and their hourly rate can vary a lot. The better artists are usually mid priced to expensive, however, tattoos are something you don't want to go cheap on. Generic canned vegetables are fine, but NEVER, EVER try to save money on a tattoo. I went online for tattoo artists in my city and looked at their portfolios. Then I compared their portfolios with the types of tattoos I wanted. Some artists specialize in color work, some do mostly black work. Some like doing portraits. Some like doing fantasy tattoos, etc.

When you find the artist you want, call him/her and leave the artist a message. They will have you come in and meet him/her. Then he/she will want to know exactly what you want. Bringing a pic in, like the ones you just showed, is a great idea. They will make a drawing based on your description. They usually charge for this, $25 or $50. Then you come in for the actual tattoo. Backpieces take multiple sessions, but smaller tattoos can be done in one session. I have enclosed a pic of the tattoo on my left arm as an example Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
How much would these tattoos cost?  don't have any yet-black-hole-tattoo.jpg  

Old 04-11-2014, 03:31 AM

437 posts, read 548,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I hope you mean to get one tattoo at a time. I have two rather large ones on my upper arms, and I love them both. I love them both and have never regretted getting them because I put months of time into deciding exactly what I wanted. Then I spent a lot of time deciding who I wanted my tattoo artist to be. Choice of tattoo artist is key, and their hourly rate can vary a lot. The better artists are usually mid priced to expensive, however, tattoos are something you don't want to go cheap on. Generic canned vegetables are fine, but NEVER, EVER try to save money on a tattoo. I went online for tattoo artists in my city and looked at their portfolios. Then I compared their portfolios with the types of tattoos I wanted. Some artists specialize in color work, some do mostly black work. Some like doing portraits. Some like doing fantasy tattoos, etc.

When you find the artist you want, call him/her and leave the artist a message. They will have you come in and meet him/her. Then he/she will want to know exactly what you want. Bringing a pic in, like the ones you just showed, is a great idea. They will make a drawing based on your description. They usually charge for this, $25 or $50. Then you come in for the actual tattoo. Backpieces take multiple sessions, but smaller tattoos can be done in one session. I have enclosed a pic of the tattoo on my left arm as an example Good luck!
Yeah it'll be one at a time. I posted a bunch cus I'm not sure exactly what I want to get first. it'll depend on price and length of time. I've spent a few years thinking about it. if you don't mind, how long did it take to do that tattoo you posted? and how much are they worth? The ones I do will probably be mostly black with a little color here and there.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:36 AM

256 posts, read 343,017 times
Don't get a florida tattoo, no way this state is worth it. But that gator is sick, get a gator tattoo, that I can support, or a bucs tattoo if you really love them. But just, everyone from florida has a florida tattoo, do other states seem to have this much support? Our state just isn't worth it!

Old 04-11-2014, 03:42 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
I'm not into body art, but that gator is fantastic!

Old 04-11-2014, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
Yeah it'll be one at a time. I posted a bunch cus I'm not sure exactly what I want to get first. it'll depend on price and length of time. I've spent a few years thinking about it. if you don't mind, how long did it take to do that tattoo you posted? and how much are they worth? The ones I do will probably be mostly black with a little color here and there.
That tattoo took about three hours. As for how much they are worth, I'm not sure what you mean by that. How much was it worth it for me to have it done? In terms of emotional resonance, both of mine have a lot of meaning for me. It's not just about the surface image. The actual cost of that one was $150/hour. I live in Texas, and rates vary by geographical location. My artist was worth every penny I paid him, IMO. I also tipped him. If finances are a big issue for you, you should probably wait to get one until you have more cash in hand. Otherwise, you will be tempted to go cheap on a tattoo, and then you end up with things like this:
Attached Thumbnails
How much would these tattoos cost?  don't have any yet-s-misspelled-tattoos-large.jpg  

Old 04-11-2014, 04:48 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That tattoo took about three hours. As for how much they are worth, I'm not sure what you mean by that. How much was it worth it for me to have it done? :
I think the poster wants a ballpark figure of how much the linked tattoos would cost .
How long would it take to do that alligator?

Old 04-11-2014, 05:04 AM

947 posts, read 1,465,195 times
You may want to get a body painting or a henna tattoo done first. These last one to weeks so if you wind up not liking it on your body it will fade away in a week or two and vanish for good. Whereas a ink job you will have for decades and either lasering it off (which doesn't completely remove the tat) or have a tattoo coverup done. Either options cost money.

A lot of people wind up regretting the tattoos they get. Also the tattoo unless you get it done in Japan or by someone trained in the style of the Japanese tattoo artists the tattoo inks will fade in a decade. How they do tattoos in Japan is they do not use a machine instead the artist uses a very long needle that pierces your skin very deeply to insert the ink. Takes a lot of time but it is why the Yakuza tattoos look like artwork painted on the human body.

You also have the issue of hair. Hair can interfere with the tattoo and laser removal of the hair has to be done before the tattoo. So if area where the tattoo is going is not easy to shave or shaving would be an issue, do a painting or henna first then look into getting permanent hair removal in the area where the tattoo would be placed.

Good to great quality tattoos cost money. Going cheap will get you a horrible tattoo that will haunt you and likely get you a major infection that could kill you or cause lots of tissue damage.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:10 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
In the what were they thinking department some of these people are going to pay a lot of money if they want to remove these dumb tats

https://www.google.ca/search?safe=ac...12.dk1oSahiDZg

Wonder how successful this guy became?
http://thekingmaker.me/wp-content/up...WCQAAvjAp2.jpg

Old 04-11-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
You may want to get a body painting or a henna tattoo done first. These last one to weeks so if you wind up not liking it on your body it will fade away in a week or two and vanish for good. Whereas a ink job you will have for decades and either lasering it off (which doesn't completely remove the tat) or have a tattoo coverup done. Either options cost money.

A lot of people wind up regretting the tattoos they get. Also the tattoo unless you get it done in Japan or by someone trained in the style of the Japanese tattoo artists the tattoo inks will fade in a decade. How they do tattoos in Japan is they do not use a machine instead the artist uses a very long needle that pierces your skin very deeply to insert the ink. Takes a lot of time but it is why the Yakuza tattoos look like artwork painted on the human body.

You also have the issue of hair. Hair can interfere with the tattoo and laser removal of the hair has to be done before the tattoo. So if area where the tattoo is going is not easy to shave or shaving would be an issue, do a painting or henna first then look into getting permanent hair removal in the area where the tattoo would be placed.

Good to great quality tattoos cost money. Going cheap will get you a horrible tattoo that will haunt you and likely get you a major infection that could kill you or cause lots of tissue damage.
That is really interesting, d from birmingham. I didn't know that. I knew tattoo inks faded over time, but I didn't know you could get a different type of tattoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
In the what were they thinking department some of these people are going to pay a lot of money if they want to remove these dumb tats

https://www.google.ca/search?safe=ac...12.dk1oSahiDZg

Wonder how successful this guy became?
http://thekingmaker.me/wp-content/up...WCQAAvjAp2.jpg
LOL! I couldn't stop laughing at that picture for a good three minutes. Thanks for the share. I was visualizing the look on his mom's face when he came over to visit after getting that tattoo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty