Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 01:07 AM

142 posts, read 362,444 times

Advertisements

I find they tend to look better if you go down a size, then they are almost straight leg/form fitting but not quite so tight as skinny jeans and without the "roomy" part at the bottom like boot cut. Then they transition well from winter to spring/summer they look cute rolled up with ankle boots, heels or flats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 01:14 AM

579 posts, read 762,123 times
80's are back ! ! !

Old 04-18-2014, 02:39 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSaySheSay View Post
I figured this thread can use some pics. I like them.. but not on me.

Why people buy jeans with holes already in them is beyond me.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:03 AM

579 posts, read 762,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
It's all about extremes

Skinny jeans were the counter to baggy 90's jeans.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:57 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I thought this way until I found this ONE pair of jeans that fit just right, and happened to be pre-torn. I (try) not to wear them in public.

As an aside, I have to chuckle at the "Boyfriend Jeans" bit. People comment about guys wearing jeans hanging off of them, and looking sloppy, but yet it's fine for women to wear them. Hip Hop stars male and female already did this. Why do I have this feeling 10 years from now we're going to laugh at ourselves for wearing these?!

Old 04-23-2014, 01:11 PM

628 posts, read 2,045,076 times
I love a good boyfriend jean and I am 5'8 and a size 10--I think they really can work on pretty much any size if you find the right flattering cut.
For me Gap has some great ones--

Old 04-23-2014, 01:21 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
I thought this way until I found this ONE pair of jeans that fit just right, and happened to be pre-torn. I (try) not to wear them in public.
That seems a little pointless to buy jeans that are only going to be worn around the house. I don't think I would buy something that i would be too embarrassed to be seen wearing out in public.

Quote:
As an aside, I have to chuckle at the "Boyfriend Jeans" bit. People comment about guys wearing jeans hanging off of them, and looking sloppy, but yet it's fine for women to wear them.
Thats not what boyfriend jeans are. They don't hang down past your butt showing off your underwear, and if worn correctly they don't look sloppy. They are just a more relaxed fit.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:52 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times
Hey, old navy has them in khaki, olive green, and blue now!!!
And not all of the jeans have holes in them like the pic.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:02 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
That seems a little pointless to buy jeans that are only going to be worn around the house. I don't think I would buy something that i would be too embarrassed to be seen wearing out in public.
I said tried, because I recently acquiesced.
Quote:
Thats not what boyfriend jeans are. They don't hang down past your butt showing off your underwear, and if worn correctly they don't look sloppy. They are just a more relaxed fit.
I guess I can't tell the difference. Some just look torn and not to different from regular relaxed fitted jeans. Others just look sloppy to me. Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston and a few others seem to be the ones that look "OK" to meā€”normal, going about their business kind of way. Katie Holmes looks like a boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty