Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 03:48 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,686,522 times

Advertisements

Personally i like it when people dress "fun". For the life of me i cant understand why someone would want to dress like they were 20 years older or something. You see all these commercials for creams and such that make you look years younger but then you go and wear clothes that either give away your true age or make you look older than you actually are. I mean unless its for a job what 25 year old (give or take) wants to look like Hillary Clinton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 08:47 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Personally i like it when people dress "fun". For the life of me i cant understand why someone would want to dress like they were 20 years older or something. You see all these commercials for creams and such that make you look years younger but then you go and wear clothes that either give away your true age or make you look older than you actually are. I mean unless its for a job what 25 year old (give or take) wants to look like Hillary Clinton?
Just because I don't want to dress like I'm in high school doesn't mean I dress like a 40-50 year old. There are plenty of ways to have fun with clothes without having to look like an overgrown child.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:26 PM

Overgrown child? You mean like tights, a tutu, and a care bears tshirt?

Old 04-25-2014, 09:41 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
No like wearing something a high school girl wears as part of her school uniform. As an adult, I find it odd when other adults want to dress like a 14 year old. And that doesn't mean you have to wear pants with elastic waistbands or mumus. It not one extreme or the other.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No like wearing something a high school girl wears as part of her school uniform. As an adult, I find it odd when other adults want to dress like a 14 year old. And that doesn't mean you have to wear pants with elastic waistbands or mumus. It not one extreme or the other.
I suppose i can understand a bit of that. A lot of people though dont want to or feel the need to have everyone look at them as adults. A lot of people are fun, free spirited people who dress the way they feel which is youthful and vibrant. I cant take that away from them by telling them they must or should dress or act their age. We only have one life why not let everyone live it the way they wish (legally of course)?

Old 04-26-2014, 02:18 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,168,495 times
Yes, it's hot (with the miniskirt, not the shorts) ..... but only on women who are younger than about 25.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:58 AM

706 posts, read 1,180,525 times
Quote:
I suppose i can understand a bit of that. A lot of people though dont want to or feel the need to have everyone look at them as adults. A lot of people are fun, free spirited people who dress the way they feel which is youthful and vibrant. I cant take that away from them by telling them they must or should dress or act their age. We only have one life why not let everyone live it the way they wish (legally of course)?
This...exactly!

Old 04-26-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Yes, it's hot (with the miniskirt, not the shorts) ..... but only on women who are younger than about 25.
So what if shes 26? 27? What if tomorrow is the persons 26th birthday? Is today the last day they can wear it? And how can you tell exactly how old a person is anyway? Where is this magical sign that appears over peoples heads to tell us all how old they are exactly? Personally cant tell. Ive seen people in their mid 40s who look almost 70 and ive seen some 15 year olds who look mid 20s.

Granted, you did say "about" but this was for all those people who give a specific age at when we should stop wearing stuff.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:15 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Hey I've got a nerdy hello kitty shirt and I am 35. I wear it with a pencil skirt.

I retired my Care Bears shirt when I was 28 or so when it got a few holes.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:17 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
You can have fun with clothing as an adult and still look age appropriate. That look is only age appropriate for people under about 24ish.

It doesn't work if you want people to take you seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty