Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 10:18 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times

Advertisements

Today I went on a short car trip, and I noticed that I liked what I was wearing. I felt I was nicely and appropriately turned out. Remember that I am 67 years old, so my "style" is probably not comprehensible to a very young person. I wore knit pants that resemble jeans with rolled cuffs, a v-neck tee and a bright rose colored knit jacket. My shoes were simple gray tennis shoes with short socks. (I figured I would be doing a lot of walking.) I wore simple gold earrings and the little drop around my neck that I almost always wear, my rings and my watch. I looked in the mirror and thought, I look like myself. That is, I looked like I feel I look. I wore just enough makeup. My point is, for me, increasingly, my look has become quite casual. I don't go to work any more, so I don't need to dress up very often. But I like how I looked this morning. This, I think, is my true style. Casual, comfortable, colorful, with only a little bling.

What is your true style--you know--the look you feel represents you at this time in your life? When you look in the mirror, what makes you happy to see? Do you characterize your "look" any way? Do you work to achieve your look, or does it happen naturally, without thought? I confess, I work a little with the clothing I wear.

I am also curious about men. Do you try for a look that you feel is yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 10:45 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
At the moment I am totally addicted to fit and flare dresses but to keep them from being to 50s tea dress and prim, I like them to end right around the knee. Not well below the knee.

If I am dressing up, it is with a cardigan and kitten heel sling backs. If it is casual, then it is a cute pair of flats or wedge sandals.

I love Michelle obama's clothing and I think of her as a fashion role model!

Old 05-17-2014, 12:00 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
I can go either casual or fairly dressy but it's hard for me to leave the house looking TOO casual. I don't even like to take a cardio walk wearing raggy pants. Wearing some color on my face (lipstick) and mascara is the minimum I wear, sometimes even at home, and I "have" to wear earrings to step out of the house. During winter I wear hats, usually berets.

I've always drawn lots of compliments about my color-coordination with my clothes and jewelry.

I do hate to wear high heels and have been converting to various boots.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:57 AM

706 posts, read 1,180,318 times
I don't really have a defined style. I dress according to my mood.

Some days I'm in Tshirts and skinny jeans, others I'm in yoga pants and a west shirt. Sometimes I'm boho chic (really loving that style lately) and other times I like to get all dolled up with full makeup, dresses and cute, girly shoes.

It just depends.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:58 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Right now I am wearing cut-off sweat shorts, a shirt that says "Orgasm Donor" on it with a lifeguard cross, and a Hawaiian aloha shirt on top of that...planning on spending the day in the back yard swimming and sunning.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:00 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Right now I am wearing cut-off sweat shorts, a shirt that says "Orgasm Donor" on it with a lifeguard cross, and a Hawaiian aloha shirt on top of that...planning on spending the day in the back yard swimming and sunning.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:34 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,686,522 times
In the summer I try to go for a relaxed look. Shorts, sandals, a thin, light colored top...

Old 05-17-2014, 05:22 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
At the moment I am totally addicted to fit and flare dresses but to keep them from being to 50s tea dress and prim, I like them to end right around the knee. Not well below the knee.

If I am dressing up, it is with a cardigan and kitten heel sling backs. If it is casual, then it is a cute pair of flats or wedge sandals.

Oh, I do too. I love seeing her dressed up. But I certainly don't need her clothes because I don't live a very social life.

Old 05-17-2014, 05:32 PM

813 posts, read 1,133,734 times
Levis 501, RL blue and white pinstriped dress shirt and my leather Moccasins!

Old 05-17-2014, 05:38 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

Me too, Jade. Her style works for me because I am also tall, and like retro-modern clothing like she often wears.

My casual style is what I wore today for a day trip - a pair of embellished capri pants, a colorful wrap-style top, hand painted earrings and metallic leather sandals. This looks works great for me, I feel like "myself" and get compliments on my outfit. Also, like another poster mentioned, I wear a little makeup even for home, basically some eye make up and tinted lip gloss. I like to feel good about myself.

Living in Florida I also like to wear sun-dresses and pretty dresses to go out to eat, or even shopping. I am comfortable in them and feel feminine. Oh, and I am 64 years young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty