Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 AM

5,068 posts, read 10,133,406 times

Advertisements

Everybody has their thing. I used to sleep in my underwear but discovered the freedom from sleeping otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 08:49 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Ladies, no! That's just gross. Panties are like top sheets, they are the easily cleaned or thrown away protection from the more expensive outer layer. There's just no way around it, if you go commando in a pair of pants then at the end of the day your pants are going to show and reek of the evidence. Take a look at a well loved pair of panties. Even with dilligent washings, they get dingy and nasty looking pretty fast. It's no big deal to toss them but do you really want to throw out your pants with the same flippancy?

Old 04-30-2012, 10:03 AM

395 posts, read 707,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
i would say that i wear underwear very infrequently. now if im going to wear a dress or skirt you can bet your bikini that i will wear it BUT if im going to wear pants then i sometimes really dont see the point. plus you know how vpl's are a no no these days. i guess that's what thongs are for but my point is that sometimes i wear them and sometimes i dont. am i alone? also, how many of you ladies if you are wearing pantyhose or tights will also wear undies underneath them? i dont see the point in that either. will i cause gasps of horror from the nurses and drs if i am ever taken to the hospital without my underwear on?
You always want to wear underwear just incase you get that craving for food and become hungery....

Edible underwear - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-30-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbrian View Post
You always want to wear underwear just incase you get that craving for food and become hungery....

Edible underwear - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
LOL! I think I'll pass on the edible underwear...

Old 04-30-2012, 10:28 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
lol I'm a guy and I actually find it comfortable to freeball it. I always wear underwear though because it's disgusting to not wear underwear with pants if you don't wash them every single day. Having my dress pants dry cleaned every single day is way more expensive and inconvenient than I'd prefer. I even wear boxer briefs under my swim trunks because I get kind of chafed by the netting inside :x

same here.

I only wear undies when I am going to the gym, other than that, no undies for me. Well maybe sometimes, but I prefer to not wear them, it is just more comfortable.

Undies were invented because back in the day there were no washing machines and ladies and gentlemen wore big heavy clothes, and lot of them that were hard to wash by hand, thus wearing little undies, if they got dirty and sweaty they were easier to wash in the kitchen sink by hand and then hang them on the line to dry ......so as to not have to wash the dresses and suits as often.

and this is the same reason why we have sheets on the bed.....sheets were thinner and easier to wash by hand in the bathtub and hang on the line to dry, rather than wash thick heavy blankets every week..sheets are kinda like underware for the bed. LOL

and is makes logical sense.

But now we have washing machines and if my pants gets sweaty, who care, hamper for them, it's not like I have to drag them to the nearest river and beat them with a rock.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:00 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,132,699 times
I find this thread....uh, interesting...

Underwear is a non-negotiable for me. I'd never think of NOT wearing panties under my pants. Ugh. who wants pants (the heavier fabric, the seams) rubbing against their private parts? Nasty -- to me. If you don't mind, no offense intended. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I'm a briefs girl. And there are some NICE LOOKING briefs. I've always been overweight, so bikinis weren't for me.

Even so....What's so hard about finding panties that fit. It's underwear, people. I just don't see the complications.

Last edited by selhars; 04-30-2012 at 12:09 PM..

Old 04-30-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
same here.

I only wear undies when I am going to the gym, other than that, no undies for me. Well maybe sometimes, but I prefer to not wear them, it is just more comfortable.

Undies were invented because back in the day there were no washing machines and ladies and gentlemen wore big heavy clothes, and lot of them that were hard to wash by hand, thus wearing little undies, if they got dirty and sweaty they were easier to wash in the kitchen sink by hand and then hang them on the line to dry ......so as to not have to wash the dresses and suits as often.

and this is the same reason why we have sheets on the bed.....sheets were thinner and easier to wash by hand in the bathtub and hang on the line to dry, rather than wash thick heavy blankets every week..sheets are kinda like underware for the bed. LOL

and is makes logical sense.

But now we have washing machines and if my pants gets sweaty, who care, hamper for them, it's not like I have to drag them to the nearest river and beat them with a rock.
There is some superhydrophobic stuff that pretty much shrugs off dirt, to put it nicely. Probably pretty pricey for now.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:37 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,822 times
I usually wear them, but if I'm feeling like driving my husband nuts, I'll go sans panties before we go out somewhere, and then whisper or text to him that I'm not wearing them.

Or, if I'm just bumming around the house, I might slip on some sweats or shorts with no panties.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:31 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
I sometimes go commando.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:40 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
I quite often go commando but then I change my entire outfit everyday.

I cannot abide a VPL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty