Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2014, 01:28 PM

26 posts, read 33,024 times

Advertisements

Here's a question: Why does anyone give a **** what someone finds attractive? Worry about yourself. This is why America is so twisted. It went from a nation of live and let live to 1984.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:46 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigano Raidome View Post
Here's a question: Why does anyone give a **** what someone finds attractive? Worry about yourself. This is why America is so twisted. It went from a nation of live and let live to 1984.
This has never been a nation of live and let live.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:48 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,456,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Lol; some do and some don't, but I get your point.

Old 06-11-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Once upon a time, it was. Way to miss the point though!

Old 06-11-2014, 02:45 PM

31,063 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Americans don't have a monopoly on this. These are typical human traits. We have always been judgmental, nosey, petty creatures.

Old 06-11-2014, 02:52 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Once upon a time, it was. Way to miss the point though!
Oh, I got your point. Problem was, it was both factually wrong and irrelevant.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:54 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post

In the below clip, actress Gabrielle Union admits that there are only a handful of meaningful Hollywood (multi - dimensional) roles for black women. Typically, black women are only cast in shows or movies, if there's a need for a "loud" or "sassy" character. Is there any wonder why people who have no associations w/ black women automatically assume that MOST black women are loud and sassy?
This is the absolutely best video every about race issues in Hollywood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSwhRZwFjfY&feature=kp

Old 06-11-2014, 08:23 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
coffeendonuts, which is it? Do you hate black women or identify with them? You say you are quite content being mixed and like the way you look, and you've been quite transparent about your negative feelings about the way black women and other nonblack women look. Is this thread any reason why: https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-aa-woman.html

I gave you advice in that thread, but after getting a glimpse of you in this thread, I can see why your struggling to get white or black men to date you.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:26 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
coffeendonuts, which is it? Do you hate black women or identify with them? You say you are quite content being mixed and like the way you look, and you've been quite transparent about your negative feelings about the way black women and other nonblack women look. Is this thread any reason why: https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-aa-woman.html

I gave you advice in that thread, but after getting a glimpse of you in this thread, I can see why your struggling to get white or black men to date you.
I'm mixed and identify as black. If someone is going to call me a racial slur, they're going to go opt for well, the obvious slur towards blacks. Although I have been called a derogatory term aimed at my other half by a black guy (who seemed to think it was acceptable)

LOL sorry, but none of this has anything to do with dating. I live in a predominantly white area, go to a predominantly white school and have made the best of the environment I'm in. If it makes you feel any better, plenty of the fraternity guys have referred to me and the Asian girl in my sorority by racial slurs on yik *** (really, the second part of that is blocked? it's a freakin' app)

But i'm not interested in white men and they aren't interested in black women (in general), especially the ones at my school who are very open about their dislike for blacks in general.

And I don't want your advice, thanksnothanks

And an easy google search and pretty much confirm how black women are viewed in society. If you think your opinions are more valid than those on other forums then you're quite delusional. But a lot of men are quite honest on the internet regarding how unattractive black women are.

I take it you're a butthurt black woman

Old 06-11-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Oh, I got your point. Problem was, it was both factually wrong and irrelevant.
You think it is. It isn't. You're looking like you belong in the same camp as coffeendonughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.