Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:41 PM

605 posts, read 866,264 times

Advertisements

What have women tried for moisturizers and the darkness under the eyes?
I have tried Lancome and Murad, and some Dermalogica---but my skin is missing something to give me a glow.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 10:53 PM

291 posts, read 1,075,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBNorCal View Post
What have women tried for moisturizers and the darkness under the eyes?
I have tried Lancome and Murad, and some Dermalogica---but my skin is missing something to give me a glow.....
Try jojoba oil or vitamin E oil for a start. A little dab under your eyes at night or in the morning before makeup will diminish the fine lines. And if you're not already doing so, you *must* get a good, high SPF sunscreen. The skin under your eyes is very thin and delicate and very prone to show daily abuse before the rest of your face.

Also you might want to look into copper peptides, which are scientifically proven to help skin regenerate. If you're more daring and looking for a bigger fix, try Retin-A or a lactic acid or glycolic acid peel.

I think the *vast* majority of cosmetic creams and potions are a waste of money. People fall for the nice scents and pretty packaging, and marketing gimicks without really asking what the scientific basis is for their claims. A lot of the undereye creams they sell can cause milia and eye irritation as well.

Anyhow, do some research online- check out makeupalley.com for starters to see reviews on a HUGE number of products- and pare down your routine so you're only using things that have a solid, scientific basis for their claims.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:43 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,033 times
Try Ponds AgeDefeye. I've tried many and this is the only thing that works for me. Vitamin K (one of its main ingrediants) is proven to lighten skin. The great thing about this product is that it has a bit of a shimmer to it so it'll lighten it cosmetically while its 'working' on your skin over time.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:37 PM

Thanks ladies

Old 12-15-2007, 11:00 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,800,808 times
This has been asked... and answered... many times before, so I'll give my standard answer... again... Merle Norman Cosmetics... the answer to all of your cosmetic and skin care needs! Schedule a free facial... you won't regret it! (... from one extremely satisfied customer of over 30+ years!)

Old 12-16-2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
This has been asked... and answered... many times before, so I'll give my standard answer... again... Merle Norman Cosmetics... the answer to all of your cosmetic and skin care needs! Schedule a free facial... you won't regret it! (... from one extremely satisfied customer of over 30+ years!)
ok--so it's been asked and answered many times before--maybe that was before I came on board Let me guess-you sell it, not only a customer? LOL-I had a facial by MK and sorry, but it sucked.

Movin' on

Old 12-16-2007, 02:10 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,800,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBNorCal View Post
ok--so it's been asked and answered many times before--maybe that was before I came on board Let me guess-you sell it, not only a customer? LOL-I had a facial by MK and sorry, but it sucked.

Movin' on
Absolutely do NOT sell it! Sorry you felt the need to try to discredit my recommendation (alas, that is what you were asking for), and that you weren't pleased with your Merle Norman facial, if, in fact, that was what it was because it's never been known as "MK". Each location is franchised out, so perhaps another location and beauty consultant would have been a better fit? Regardless, I, along with my grandmother, mother, aunts and daughters... have all been completely pleased with their products over a very long time... and especially with the great condition of our skin that continues to be "ageless" regardless of our age.

P.S. And, despite your sarcasm, saying this was a repeat of the same question before meant that you could easily use the 'Search' option to find quite a few other threads that might be of help to you.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-16-2007 at 03:16 AM..

Old 12-16-2007, 10:35 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
I don't know where you live or if you have a Lush nearby, but I would recommend their products. You can buy online but I vastly prefer going into the store and testing everything out and getting the recommendations of the sales people. They have a whole wall of moisturizers and I know I love mine. I don't know how it works for undereye darkness, but some people swear by their eye cream and they have enough moisturizers they they give you samples of to try at home so you can figure out what works. I'm kind of a Lush fanatic and all my cleansers, moisturizers, soaps, and even hair care products are from their lines.

Also try jojoba oil. I use it as my winter night cream because it sinks into the face so well.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
Absolutely do NOT sell it! Sorry you felt the need to try to discredit my recommendation (alas, that is what you were asking for), and that you weren't pleased with your Merle Norman facial, if, in fact, that was what it was because it's never been known as "MK". Each location is franchised out, so perhaps another location and beauty consultant would have been a better fit? Regardless, I, along with my grandmother, mother, aunts and daughters... have all been completely pleased with their products over a very long time... and especially with the great condition of our skin that continues to be "ageless" regardless of our age.

P.S. And, despite your sarcasm, saying this was a repeat of the same question before meant that you could easily use the 'Search' option to find quite a few other threads that might be of help to you.
I'm so sorry sweetie! I thought you were talking about Mary Kay Cosmetics!
I did use the search options and couldn't find anything on it. However, by the way, your post sounded sarcastic, as I was simply asking a question--like it was a bother to you to read this type of question let alone offer your answer. "again, and again"--sometimes people do not have time to go search for a term or a topic. I do not spend 24/7 online.

Peace, smile, and be happy

Old 12-30-2007, 10:30 PM

13 posts, read 42,339 times
Vitamin k for under eye circles. Peter Thomas Roth power k or any vitamin k cream is good for dark circles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty