Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 10:33 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,868,736 times

Advertisements

I use Mario Bodescu products. You can buy them online, via the phone. Nordstrom's has a limited selection but since they don't carry everything, I buy mine online. Another brand that I also use is DH. All of the products are olive oil based. They're available online as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 10:34 PM

Correction to my above post...the Japanese line is called DHC. It's really good stuff - I hear popular in Japan and Japanese women seem to have really nice skin. They have this one product called Velvet Skin Coat that I adore.

Last edited by Chinolala; 12-30-2007 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: add

Old 12-31-2007, 12:22 AM

13 posts, read 42,350 times
Oh my God lisak64 Do you realise that i have told people about dhc and not one person i have ever told has heard of it. I loooovvveee the stuff. I use the olive oil collection by them. My dad was born in sicily & my grandmothers answer to everything is olive oil every cut scab or wrinkle olive oil is her answer. Since no one ever heard of it i always kept it my little secret. The olive milk is the best thing ever I swear you just made me feel like i wasnt nuts. Thank you so much. And yes give them a try they also give you free sample if you call them. Vitamin k is still good for the circles though

Old 12-31-2007, 07:49 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,403,043 times
I use Clinique Moisturizer because I'm not allergic to it.

In general, you don't need to spend a lot of money of skin products. The brand name stuff contains the same ingredients as the stuff you buy as Rite-Aide.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:30 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,126,326 times
I bought some Mario Bodescu for my daughter--who had post-partum skin problems. They worked above average, and come highly recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak64 View Post
I use Mario Bodescu products. You can buy them online, via the phone. Nordstrom's has a limited selection but since they don't carry everything, I buy mine online. Another brand that I also use is DH. All of the products are olive oil based. They're available online as well.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:18 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,941,803 times
Just remember to stick to a 'treatment' and not a 'cosmetic'. There are tons of products that can make your skin "look" like whatever you want it to look like but pay attention to the active ingrediants and research what the long lasting overall effects will be.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:55 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,403,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak64 View Post
I have some MB bath soap and lotion. I love it!

Old 01-01-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlygal View Post
Oh my God lisak64 Do you realise that i have told people about dhc and not one person i have ever told has heard of it. I loooovvveee the stuff. I use the olive oil collection by them. My dad was born in sicily & my grandmothers answer to everything is olive oil every cut scab or wrinkle olive oil is her answer. Since no one ever heard of it i always kept it my little secret. The olive milk is the best thing ever I swear you just made me feel like i wasnt nuts. Thank you so much. And yes give them a try they also give you free sample if you call them. Vitamin k is still good for the circles though
I guess the secret if "out of the bag". You're the only other person I've encountered that's ever heard of it, lol! Other customers must be out there somewhere. It is great stuff. Olive oil based products are wonderful and this line is good and a bargain considering how great it is.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:11 PM

291 posts, read 1,075,447 times
I LOVE DHC products! I use their cleansing oil and their Acerola set (treatment, toner and gel moisturizer). I think the Acerola line definitely brightened up my skin thanks to the Vitamin C content. And the cleansing oil is a great first step to remove makeup before cleansing. I use DDF's Glycolic Cleanser after the cleansing oil and my skin feels clean and exfoliated!

Old 01-03-2008, 12:10 PM

13 posts, read 54,259 times
Under eye circles can be due to a wide vary of things.
Heridatary-sinus-loss of sleep-circulation-dehydration and others.
Diet can help, omega 3's either in a supplement-(make it a good one) or foods like salmon-herring-sardines. A great cover up for them is by Jane Iredale cosmetics called circle delete. Mineral Makeup-very nice line-no chemicals-good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty