Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 03:05 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,229,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubina View Post
Patterned leggings. Good lord these should be rounded up and burned. Most women I see wearing them are way too heavy to pull them off and pair them with a jog bra type top. Far too many women dress like they are on the stroll because they think tight is right and it makes them look sexay.

Daisy Dukes, c00chie cutters or whatever they call them in your neck of the woods. Every 10 years or so these denim yeast infections become popular. I'll admit to wearing them in college where my parents couldn't see me so guilty. Here's a stop tick. Buy shares of Monistat. It's gonna soar this summer.

Clothes that don't fit. Too big or too small. That's the #1 problem with women's clothing. Most of it does not fit or flatter the wearer. #2 problem is the wearer doesn't care.
Yesss to all these!

My pet peeve is badly/weirdly cut clothing. Like the stuff that seems to be made for 5'10 women only (I like Zara but they have that issue), or gigantic arm holes, or pants not made for women with an actual waist-hip difference. Another thing I hate are dresses with those elastic waistbands that cut right across the torso, and make everyone look wider and/or pregnant, and so many dresses seem to have that.

Also, cheap embellishments/rhinestones, esp ones that fall off easily, badly sewn on buttons that fall off the first time you wear something, clothing that gets horribly stretched out and shapeless in a few wears...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 07:57 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,581,120 times
For myself, I don't like any kind of added "bling" -- even simple T-shirts with sequins or beads sewn on get a pass. I just like them plain.

What I've seen for sale lately is insanely thin (cheap?) T-shirts that look like they'd fall apart in the washer.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:20 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I hate those babydoll tops. They look so much like maternity wear.
YES!!

What I hate are tiny pockets, or fake pockets. If I can't put my whole hand in, it's not big enough.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:42 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,611,567 times
I agree with most of your dislikes.

I'll add PRICE! My goodness, I was in Sears earlier this evening and even with the sales, plain cotton blend polo shirts were still running around $13, which was down from $19, but still . . .

I'm also not thrilled with the huge scoop and plunging necklines on day wear. I'd have to wear a vest or something over them. They show too much skin for the office or even the grocery store. That's more like the amount of skin I'd show on the beach.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:41 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I hate jumpers, dresses with added necklaces or brooches attached, its as if the makers think we cant choose a bit of jewellery for ourselves.. even over embellished dresses and sweaters.
I hate the everything-sleeveless craze that has been around for years. I think it looks frumpy and women are always freezing everywhere.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:33 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Adverts on clothing..... ankle boots with toes cut out.. horrible....frills on dresses or this peplum thing round the waist...

Old 06-28-2014, 01:11 AM

191 posts, read 220,802 times
In Canada, a jumper is a dress with straps.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:11 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Flip-flops on anyone. Sandals on men. I don't want to see people's feet.
Pregnant women "showing off" that they're pregnant. Gross.

There was a time not long ago when women wore gloves and hosiery and men wore dress hats (which they took OFF when they entered a building). Sad commentary on how society has become so unrefined.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:29 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Is this about what we don't like on ourselves or what we hate to see other people wear.

Cuz I really don't care what other people wear unless they are showing off a body that would look better covered a little more.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:05 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times
White bras under white shirts. Wear nude please! White under white does not mean nice!
Dark underwear under light colored clothes - honestly, are people even thinking?
Flip flops.
Socks in sandals.
Booties in the summer (unless you live in Greenland)
Cartoon character on TShirts when you're older than 15.
Leather pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty