Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 08:01 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,661,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
My BF wears a white gold necklace, bracelet and some rings...It threw me off guard when I first met him (from online) but he's not American, so who am I really to judge. I actually grew to like it..

Now, one thing that does bother me...he also likes to wear his shirt open and show his hairy chest when we go out...I'm really considering buttoning a couple of buttons up, because it's something I don't think I can get used to..that's another thread though.

works for me

PS: "wedding ring", and simple "watch" wearer here.
I hate jewelry, necklaces, bracelets, blech! There is no need for them. JMO though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 09:31 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,657,095 times
I hate jewelry on men. Wedding ring and nice Cartier watch in stainless is all I can go for.It is a deal breaker with me. I really hate it!

Old 07-18-2014, 12:23 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,055,985 times
Personally I think jewelry detracts from a man's masculinity and renders his appearance less attractive.

Also, I've seen men wearing jewelry in ways which make it seem as if they are trying to hard to appear impressive or wealthy or successful - that's a big turn-off.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:30 PM

29,511 posts, read 14,679,331 times
So know one likes any of these pieces ?

Jewelry - Steel Flame

Old 07-18-2014, 12:41 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,353,952 times
I realize I'm the oddball, because I don't care for jewelry at all on anyone... it's too distracting... all I notice are noisy bangles clinking together or wonder why someone is wearing 12 thin chain necklaces instead of 1... & I've always thought of it as more a feminine accessory. I don't know why I have an aversion to it... I've just never been into it. However, I don't mind (or care... really, it's none of my business) if anyone wears it (kind of the same way I feel about tattoos)... I'm just not going to ask about one's bracelet/watch or ohh & ahh over a pendant or ring.

Maybe it's because I don't like to wear any... I cannot stand the feel of anything restrictive on me... I can't even wear a high neckline or winter scarf without constantly pulling & poking at it to the point that other people say, 'Take that thing off, you're making me itchy!', so I just don't wear them either. And, fortunately we have cells today with clocks... I gave up 'wearing' a watch at 18 when I'd lost my 6th wristwatch in as many weeks... I kept removing it to put in my pocket (because I couldn't stand the feeling of it around my wrist) & kept replacing them until I realized it would be an ongoing, pricey effort. The good news is I have an internal clock & can tell the time within a 10-15 min range, because I had to learn to do so... I'm a human sundial.

Honestly, I haven't noticed in a long time... are people still wearing lots of jewelry? Maybe because I'm in a beach area, many seem to go without as they're in the water surfing or walking the beach & don't want to lose anything. I just don't see (or notice) much jewelry any longer.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:45 PM

7,114 posts, read 4,835,961 times
My hubby wears a silver chain with a cross (that I bought him when we were dating many years ago) around his neck. Also plain yellow gold wedding band, and a tiger eye signet ring that belonged to his dad. A decent understated watch.

He wants a gold wrist chain.

I don't mind jewelry on a guy as long as it's not overdone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty