Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 08:48 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,457,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I have heard that rough hands are an issue.

You made me recall the Steinbeck classic, Of Mice and Men. Remember the husband of the teasing hot wife which Lenny [big and dumb, "yeah George, whatever you say George" - which Warner Brothers immortalized in cartoons] killed? He had that line (and I'm paraphrasing) about how he always wore gloves with some lubricant of sorts in it to keep his hands soft for his wife.

Most common I've over heard from women talking is poor hygiene / grooming, beer belly, manboobs, chicken legs, and lack of a butt.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:49 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Wow this thread devolved quickly.
Yup, and it has made me decide that its no longer worth thinking about women after reading all the stuff that constitutes as a turn off. Seriously can't believe how shallow most women here are. I can't take it anymore , just tell them to stop already .

Old 09-04-2014, 09:00 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,927,543 times
I just want to say this to the women who named scrawny arms and legs as a turnoff.

Do you realize that some men have scrawny arms and legs because of Cushing's syndrome? Other conditions (often comorbid with Cushing's though not always) such as insulin resistance and hyperthyroidism can cause this. Cushing's and insulin resistance also result in increased belly fat deposition, so such men may have a normal weight and BMI but an "ugly" distribution of weight (a lot on the midsection and not enough on the limbs). I'm sure you wouldn't want to be judged for your medically caused imperfections, so return the gesture, please. Didn't your mom teach you not to make fun of people missing limbs, blind people, hearing-impaired people, or those using a wheelchair? How is this different?

I look at it this way: if you want your man to be strong and have good muscles and generally fit the stereotype of a biologically desirable man, you'd better be ready to make him a sandwich whenever he wants, get him a beer when he barks out an order for one, and be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. If you want an educated, respectful man who does not believe in archaic gender stereotypes, you'd better practice that philosophy yourself.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:12 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Yup, and it has made me decide that its no longer worth thinking about women after reading all the stuff that constitutes as a turn off. Seriously can't believe how shallow most women here are. I can't take it anymore , just tell them to stop already .
Aww...most women seriously don't feel this way. Look around at couples walking around. Most people are just average in looks and accept and love each other anyways.

There is somebody out there for you. Take heart!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty